• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

This coming Saturday I am going to go to Dreamland BBQ in Birmingham. Heard it is good.

uh, driving from Sheboygan, Wi to Traverse City, Mi. tomorrow, 7.5-8 hours one way, only bad part is I have to drive the return trip too...

Flights don't make sense and the ferry accross the lake is not running yet.

any problems with mid 90's s10 trannys? never had issues with the 4.3, but don't know much about the trannys. found a super cheap one with no rust near home. looking for a winter beater/parts hauler...

any problems with mid 90's s10 trannys? never had issues with the 4.3, but don't know much about the trannys. found a super cheap one with no rust near home. looking for a winter beater/parts hauler...

1st gen S-10 93' and older or 2nd gen 94 and newer? th700r4/4l60 or 4l60e? the early 4l60e had a few problems, th700r4/4l60 were pretty good just keep the TV-cable adjusted so you get the right pressure. Watch out for the CPI injection system, it can be a pain on the mid 90's 4.3L

and don't try to put a 4.3 th700r4 behind a chevy v8 350, it didn't last very long ;)

that was a fun little truck!

95 is the worst year of all, skip it and look for a 99+. Not a fan, but...We sell a crap ton of them but have had many with bad trans, popped intake and head gaskets, cpi, bad valves, front ends are junk, list goes on but like I said we sell a Lot of them so law of average happens.

well poo...ill pass then. just looking for a truck to get me through the summer and next winter. hoping to find a full size but i really don't have the money to buy anything decent. i just wish this stupid 98 didn't have a blown motor...if it wasn't a rust bucket with a destroyed body i would put a motor in it, but at this point it would be a waste of time.

95 is a weird changeover year for the S-10 and Blazer. A lot of 95 specific parts. Overall they are great for a beater, you could probably drive it for a year and sell it for what you paid for it. All the S-series trucks had problems with intake gaskets, GM decided to cheap out and use plastic gaskets, but they aren't that bad to change.

95 is the worst year of all, skip it and look for a 99+. Not a fan, but...We sell a crap ton of them but have had many with bad trans, popped intake and head gaskets, cpi, bad valves, front ends are junk, list goes on but like I said we sell a Lot of them so law of average happens.

95 is a weird changeover year for the S-10 and Blazer. A lot of 95 specific parts. Overall they are great for a beater, you could probably drive it for a year and sell it for what you paid for it. All the S-series trucks had problems with intake gaskets, GM decided to cheap out and use plastic gaskets, but they aren't that bad to change.

the only thing that 94 and 95 S-10s are good for are v-8 swaps because they are still obd1. if you are going to keep it stock then I would avoid, they they said above.

if i grab it, change the plenum gasket and drive it for a year until i can grab something full size would it be at all worth it? the fact that it is rust free and has a clean interior is somewhat appealing. i dont really like s10's but for something to haul home and garden crap around and jeep parts i am still considering it...

this is the pos in question:

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4916073632.html

trying to get the guy down to $1000...there are plenty of beaters i can get for 500-1000 so if he doesn't come down any more I'm fine with letting it go. i found a decent 2003 5 speed with a new tranny that needs a front grille and headlight for $400, i may just pick that up. there about 25 billion s10s in the yards here

Back