• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

the wife is dragging me out to listen to some time share bull shit today...

i remember my parents doing it as a kid. it was horrible.

danude4y.jpg

This should be fun...

From what I've heard of them they are a money pit.

we're just in it for the free stuff. i guess they are giving us a 3 day 2 night stay at some indoor water park/resort just for listing to the sales pitch.

still not worth it. IMO

Bolted the steering back up last night. Went crazy for a while. Could not fine a nut for the pitman arm. Looked for about an hour then decided to see if I had one I could use in my nut and bolt box. There was the damn nut sitting on top . Mother trucker.

had to finish in the dark...

today I should be getting the novak shift csble on

grammar Nazi's here is the song for you.

From what I've heard of them they are a money pit.

Uncle tried to give my wife and myself one, the fees associated with it made it so we declined. It was 800 a year for only two weeks of use. Plus it was in Mexico, so who knows how much use we would get out of it. This was also when rumors of my wife's work downsizing started, that as another reason we declined. In 2007, my family went on vacation with a friend who won a free stay in one. The catch was you had to sit through a sales pitch, then keep telling sales people no when you couldn't afford it until they stopped trying two hours later.

Coworker: I'm going home to make vegan lasagna.
Me: I don't put meat in my lasagna, so I suppose it's vegan.
Coworker: No, it's lasagna without cheese.
Me: That's called spaghetti.

Hello work. You suck.

Hey Doug, what do you think about coffee creamer? I'm thinking flavored, but all I have is non-dairy.

red 'what I'm thinking right now' heep

Sam makes her own flavored creamers, puts the store bought junk to shame and spoils me. Small sauce jar with some cinnamon or fresh cut vanilla beans mixed in with half and half. It has a shelf life but its incredibly worth it.

Im thinking about starting a business, and kicking this stomach bug thats making me want to vomit all day

Last edited:
Had two broken battery cables on the golf cart at work that the USAF lets us use.

Ran out to the jeep and got two terminals, my crimper and hammer and some heatshrink. Came back in and had 6 blank stares looking at me.

What, you guys don't carry battery terminals and a crimper in your car?

the wife is dragging me out to listen to some time share bull shit today...

i remember my parents doing it as a kid. it was horrible.

we're just in it for the free stuff. i guess they are giving us a 3 day 2 night stay at some indoor water park/resort just for listing to the sales pitch.

still not worth it. IMO

My parents did several vacations this way when I was growing up. Dad would sit there and listen to their spiel, collect the free stuff and leave. You just have to go in there with the mindset that they are trying to screw you.

still not worth it. IMO

Just say no!

They will make it sound like you'd be foolish to not buy, even if you don't use it you can rent it for a profit, or re-sell it, they are more full of crap than the port-a-potty at the chili fest.

That said, if you forget about your original investment, the maintenance fees can be significantly less than even hotel rates, and having a condo with a full kitchen can save you money on meals.

There are so many variables to consider, but unless you plan to go to the same place every time, exchange value is most important. If you buy at French Lick, Indiana, you will be lucky to exchange to Florida, forget about Hawaii unless you want to exchange your two bedroom for a studio or hotel room.

We're pretty happy with our three weeks every other year in Hawaii and our every year week that was originally in Mexico but now is also all over the US.
Somehow we're doing 46 days in Hawaii next year, with enough points left over for a couple more weeks if we want.

I remember in the late 80s my parents took us on a vacation that was a free trip for a time share thing. They played us kids into thinking we were going to get some free 'computer' thing (hooked to the tv) and by the time it was done, my parents said 'no' and we were all pissed off and crying...seriously, it was an awful experience as a child.

I've been offered them over the years, knowingly and unknowingly. I've always said no because of that horrible experience.

Tho if my parents had bought nearly 30 years ago, I'd probably be using it now.

mac 'They didn't, so I'll stick to the RV' gyvr

Back