• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Where do the 97+ Xjs store the odo reading? In the cluster?

mac 'more curious than anything' gyvr

They store it in two places. The cluster stores it but so does the ECM. If you are dishonest and put a cluster in with a lot less miles it will show less miles however you can pull it off the ECM abs it will show a discrepancy.

Craig, that Bud Light optioned factory radio is a real find!! Sell that shit on ebay. Now. :D

They store it in two places. The cluster stores it but so does the ECM. If you are dishonest and put a cluster in with a lot less miles it will show less miles however you can pull it off the ECM abs it will show a discrepancy.
beat me to it.

ECU stores the one that'll be read via OBD2 during inspection iirc, but I'm not sure.

IP stores and updates the one that's displayed.

So change both? ;)
There's a nerd-special way to change the cluster mileage, and a DRB3 can copy from cluster to ECU or vice versa, but yeah, that'd work.

uje4amen.jpg

Another one bites the dust...

You have to admit that it's impressive in a grusome sort of way.
Sort of like watching flesh eating beatles do their work via time laps photography :D

New series of Top Gear UK started last night on BBCA

You have to admit that it's impressive in a grusome sort of way.
Sort of like watching flesh eating beatles do their work via time laps photography :D
Lol! That works so well in my mind!

And the Beatles are a band. You're talking about beetles. :D

Please don't get John, Paul, George and Ringo confused with the aforementioned flesh eaters.

Re: Re: Important

It kills nnda sucks that the jeep you tore apart has better rockers then mine, guess its time to buy some tube and fix it...

The rockers had been heavily coated with bed liner... no clue how they actually looked. Both sides had floor pans that were rotted through...the rot was small, but it was pretty soft all around the rotholes

Anyone know on a ZJ transmission linkage if there is suppose to be a keeper or something on it where it attaches to the bracket on the side of the tranny?

It fell off on the ZJ today on the wife. I had to go figure out what the deal was and as I was waiting for a wrecker I found it had come off. I put it back on, but not sure what keeps it on there.

mac 'maybe a zip tie fix...' gyvr

Anyone know on a ZJ transmission linkage if there is suppose to be a keeper or something on it where it attaches to the bracket on the side of the tranny?

It fell off on the ZJ today on the wife. I had to go figure out what the deal was and as I was waiting for a wrecker I found it had come off. I put it back on, but not sure what keeps it on there.

mac 'maybe a zip tie fix...' gyvr

E-clip? Does it have a slot on the end of it?

Was hard to tell in the driveway of my bil's house...

i put it back on, cancelled the hook and told her to drive it home...

mac 'was not on my list of things to do on vacation' gyvr

Back