• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Every time I look at those grills, they're getting made out of thinner sheet. Is that one made out of something better than tinfoil?

not sure if it is any better than those in the past. I have been buying the charcoal grill from them for the past 10+years. I have always thought, for the price, they are a great grill. just need to up on the maintenance because they seem to rust easily.

this is the 1st time i have ever owned a propane anything. also fort that matter i have never owned a smoker. don't really care about the propane part. that my wife wanted, for easy use I guess. i am happy with a charcoal grill and smoker.

When my current grill rots out I am probably going to make a big smoker out of 55 gallon drums since I can get them for $5ea at the local scrapyard.

With a motor/chain driven rotisserie?

My grill is fine. The cheap frame it rolls around on is rusted out. It's 7 years old.

I'm going to put it on a nice steel frame with real tires on it this summer.

and burners.

My charbroil frame and grill part is fine, but the burners are done and I had to replace the flame shield 2 years ago.

Its about 7 years old and was probably the cheapest model at homedepot.
I'm debating putting new burners in it or just buying another for $100.

I've never had good luck replacing burners in propane grills. Either I never get a good flame out of them (gotta be installation error on my part,) or they rust out in a year or two.

I've thought about picking up some 1/4" or 3/8" stainless round stock and making my own grates, along with some stainless expanded sheet for the charcoal tray. Time seems to be a little short these days.

My grill is a combo of two grills that were given to me about five years ago that I made into one grill that works. Its starting to rust out pretty good.

Last summer, I was given another grill that is a nice one, but needs burners. I just haven't had the time to find the burners it needs.

Lately we've been using the charcoal grill...but the propane works well also.

mac 'I don't cook on the grill, she does' gyvr

Propane? Burners?

I don't understand?

these items have nothing to do with charcoal. how can you grill without charcoal?
Hank Hill's adversary.

I grew up on charcoal. Love it. When I moved up here, Meganne's family is all about propane for ease and convenience. I kinda fell in the loop for convenience sake...I'm still a charcoal guy at heart. I've got 2 charcoal grills in storage.

these items have nothing to do with charcoal. how can you grill without charcoal?

You can grill without charcoal, you just won't have any smoke at all, it's just a heat source.

Now, barbecue...... requires burning wood or charcoal.

I always tell the fire department that its a cooking fire...

mac 'only has happened once' gyvr

You can grill without charcoal, you just won't have any smoke at all, it's just a heat source.

Now, barbecue...... requires burning wood or charcoal.

or you can stuff some wood chips in a foil packet and have ease of use and real smoke.

I use pane because it's easy, and I don't feel like dealing with charcoal. There's a brand new weber in the box that's been in my basement for like 5 years.

we will enjoy the propane part of this grill for week night dinner like 5 brats, i always hate starting up the coals for 5 brats or some dogs for the kids that come over. but as far as weekend cookouts and pool parties, the propane will serve as a "warmer" and the cooking will be smoking and coals.

When I move, and get the grill set up, I will be grilling at least once a week, including wintertime... I love grills, I love grilled food, I will grill at every opportunity I get...

99SJ 'Need to finish the barrel grill' Ex

I always tell the fire department that its a cooking fire...

mac 'only has happened once' gyvr
when you gotta cook a lot of stuff, you need a pretty big cooking fire...

Back