• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

What do you call a girl with only one leg?

Eileen

It's too bloomin' early in the morning to be conscious, and I haven't been up since last night.

What has more blind spots than a Jeep Commander? :D

Hmm i think i did my first mod im not sure i like .

I did the JCR cut and fold Rear even though i dont like the cut and fold look because i thought it would look good after the wrap around bumper was on.

I already miss the basic shape of the xj and the Stockish H.D. look i had going , A full bumper would have looked better.

Hopefully it will grow on me ..
Or look like it belongs more later after the tube fenders and hybrid cage i plan to do someday.

Also the 2" receiver fits really loose for some reason.

The wife just found a cross bow for sale 80bucks. What do I need to know about them when I go look at it?

edit: i was second inline and the first person bought it. damn!

Last edited:
True. and nobody gets enough vacation time....except maybe Tyler government worker and all. :D

Damn skippy...hey, we all make career choices, I just made one that has extra holidays and great benefits :D. But on the flip side when I am up every morning at 4:00 AM to chore around the farms and have to be at work my 7:30-4:00 and then work around the farms until ????, I never am really "off work". My weekends consist of very little free time, but I always plan ahead so that I have time with my family weather it be them with me while around the farms or going to a movie or sports for the kiddo. Family first, everything else second. I get @ 3 weeks of vacation per earned leave status and then I can earn credit leave for up to 24 hours at a time, so that is where I try and make up a lot of leave time at. Add in the gov holidays and it is a nice perk. A person such as myself will never become "rich" working for the gov, but the benefits definatly allow for a flexible lifestyle and allow me to take time when needed to farm and spend with family etc. I enjoy it...most of the time :D

Cheese "whew, I think I need a few days off now!" Man

mine is all bent.

The bumper or the receiver ?
If im knocking it around i could stand a few dings and minor bends , but if i use this receiver and it bends im really going to be angry.

Welcome to a jcr bumper.

Bummer ,
I read around the net that some of the mounts for the ball are a touch wider where they slide in maybe ill go look for one today.
There is also some special hitch pins or braces that are supposed to help
I might try and weld a couple of beads onto the receiver i use and grind to fit snug .

I saw that this problem happens w certain brands of receivers (usually the cheap ones ) .
To have this on a pretty expensive bumper is b.s.

On a side note the look is growing on me .

Last edited:
I've had two bumpers, a front and a rear.

Both required me to modify the draw-bar (receivers) to fit the hitch because I couldn't get a standard length draw-bar in one of them and the other the hitch pin didn't line up, and both were also a loose fit as previously stated.

One draw-bar was a Reese (name brand, not cheap), and the other was a name brand winch cradle.

mac 'both were 1st gen bumpers so hopefully R&D has addressed the issue' gyvr

The bumper or the receiver ?

the bumper.

both sides past the center section.

substantially.

some of it I do attribute to my abuse.
but some of it is because it wasn't fully welded.

I have no doubts tat the bumper we built with Tyler on the rear could take tons of abuse and still be straight.

It was a 1st gen bumper, won at winterfest way back in the day, so I'm not too broken up about it, but that's what it is, bent.

Back