• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Lastly: My good buddy/roommate was in a motorcycle wreck two weeks and a day ago. He took a buddies bike for a spin and was gone too long to be a "spin"; went looking for him 45 minutes after he left and I found him in a gully filled with sumac approx. four hours after the accident. He got picked up by ambulance and they met the flight for life in Stevens Point after which he was flown to Marshfield. He's been off of artificial sedation almost a week and a half and all of his vitals are pretty good though he's still not awake yet, we've all been pulling for him.
That's terrible news. Hope it all works out, man.

I hope so too, he was not more than two miles down the road. But Marshfield is known for being good with head traumas so he's in good hands. Both of his lungs had collapsed and they are recovered now as he has no tubes in them and is on the breathing machine as a precautionary. His chest tubes have been taken out as well as the tap in his head for pressure/swelling, now we're just hoping for his light switch to flick on. Not to be a downer or anything, but wear a helmet and ride within your limits! He wasn't wearing a helmet but I'm not saying he was messing around and being reckless, just a reminder to all of us riders out there.

Last edited:
Thats the truth! I lost a friend 5 years ago when he wasnt wearing a helmet. Scared me enough I sold my bike shortly after, been thinking about getting another one, just more of a cruiser this time...

I have never owned a bike, but do have the license to ride. I have ridden five bikes between friends bikes and demo days at Victory. I always ride with helmet, gloves, long pants (when I get a bike, will be getting some actual protective clothing), a leatherish looking jacket I have, and boots. I have laid down a bike, but I did 30 dollars in damage and skinned my knee. I will always ride like that, seen many photos online of people who rode with less then that after an accident. I prefer to look descent and not be scarred badly for life.

Yikes, don't stay caught up for three weeks and it goes to crap in here.

Let's recap: Cheese curds are generally fried at restaurants unless you're buying fresh ones from the store.

Rob, I don't see you ever being that angry you struck me as a friendly dude.

I've not cut or injured myself too seriously; but the most recent was with a stainless circular trimmer (for cutting plastic, sharper and more durable than a fresh razor blade) blade as I pushed it from the wax packaging band right into both of my index fingers and sliced the palm sides of them from the knuckle to tip.

Kimmer, a Conti would be sweet, gangsta.

Rotated my tires finally, holy crap what a difference! Was actually able to get a decent alignment in the front now all shimmying is gone now too.

Lastly: My good buddy/roommate was in a motorcycle wreck two weeks and a day ago. He took a buddies bike for a spin and was gone too long to be a "spin"; went looking for him 45 minutes after he left and I found him in a gully filled with sumac approx. four hours after the accident. He got picked up by ambulance and they met the flight for life in Stevens Point after which he was flown to Marshfield. He's been off of artificial sedation almost a week and a half and all of his vitals are pretty good though he's still not awake yet, we've all been pulling for him.

That's all I got for today.

Sorry about your buddy, Brian. My buddy's dad got hit on the highway a couple weeks ago by someone who was apparently not paying attention when he swerved into the turn land from the fast lane. Lucky for him he just ended up with some road rash and a hurt leg. He was not wearing a helmet and didn't hit his head at all. he's very lucky to have gotten away from the accident.

I'm in no hurry brad or brendan

I think he just wanted to clarify his name was like mine :D
I think from now on we should just call Flex Erin, cause it's so much easier to type than Aaron . lol

Just to be straight, there are 2 kinds of bike riders... those who have gone down, and those who will.

Just to be straight, there are 2 kinds of bike riders... those who have gone down, and those who will.

That's a cute old cliche. I know people who have ridden for 30,000 miles in the past 3 years that have never had a mishap. And I know people who can't seem to keep their bikes upright.

With today's focus on training, it's a lot easier to say that the trend has gone the other way. I've been to both the basic and experienced rider's course (twice) offered by the MSF and I wear PPE all the time. If you do that, it's a lot easier to say that you won't have an accident than if you will.

Unfortunately, a lot of times it doesn't matter how trained or prepared you are, it's the other people on the road that make that decision for you.

I only laid the bike I was riding down because I kept looking where I didn't want to go instead of looking through my turn. The damage was the shifter peg tip was broke and the front brake handle was bent (how, I have no idea as I laid it down on the left side).

I think from now on we should just call Flex Erin, cause it's so much easier to type than Aaron . lol

I will second this motion.
I'll bring it up to the BOD.

Never laid down a motorcycle...built for the road. I've done stoopid things on mini bikes and quads. I always wear a helmet. I am 82% certain that I am alive today because of wearing a helmet in a wicked quad wreck.

I will second this motion.

I'll bring it up to the BOD.

Never laid down a motorcycle...built for the road. I've done stoopid things on mini bikes and quads. I always wear a helmet. I am 82% certain that I am alive today because of wearing a helmet in a wicked quad wreck.

I hate you guys!

Tihh, I've heard that before...

I especially hate you! :D
:bawl:Oh no... Please don't hate me! I don't think i can go on living if you tell me that you... ahhh nevermind.

I will let you ninja chop me.......

if you can catch me first ..!. :D .!..

Back