• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

If her out of pocket is only $2500, that will be cheaper than mine.

We've had three ultra sounds and our portion is almost $300 every time...

After insurance our Doc wants $600.

We haven't even touched the hospital bills.

mac 'and that's good city insurance' gyvr

That's still really cheap...

The bill for the twins was $2.9 mil....
Our portion after insurance $17k...

Both drive shafts have been rebuilt and balanced... without the front one in, or rear on in, there's no vibes. Put them both on and I have driveline vibes... Tcase shot?

Both drive shafts have been rebuilt and balanced... without the front one in, or rear on in, there's no vibes. Put them both on and I have driveline vibes... Tcase shot?

that is odd.

Does it do it when it's in 4hi?

I suspect that the front shaft is causing your vibe, but only when it's unpowered and free spinning. Put power to it and the vibe stops.

Check the front t-case output.

that is odd.

Does it do it when it's in 4hi?

I suspect that the front shaft is causing your vibe, but only when it's unpowered and free spinning. Put power to it and the vibe stops.

Check the front t-case output.

No, vibes go away when I lock into 4x4...

I'll check the output... I suppose both outputs are probably bad and the chain is stretched as well...

I got a connection that I can get tcase's from for $125, so I might just pick one up and start rebuilding it... Unless someone has one on here for a 97-99 cheaper...

i think i might have found a new pair of axles...don't know what for yet. but i had someone offer to sell me a 78 bronco 44 for $75 and possibly the matching 9" for about the same. i think i might have found the axles that will go in my xj in a few years once the truck is done

i think i might have found a new pair of axles...don't know what for yet. but i had someone offer to sell me a 78 bronco 44 for $75 and possibly the matching 9" for about the same. i think i might have found the axles that will go in my xj in a few years once the truck is done

Search "cast wedges" dont be afraid of them but do be aware.

yeah if that has cast wedges that is a pretty normal price.

Unless you are in socal and pay like 1200 bucks for a late 70s f350 snowfighter front 60, most of what you spend on a 44 or 60 will be the aftermarket bling, not the initial axle purchase. Unless you are like me and plan on running mostly stock parts on it.

Back