• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I'll bet it's not a PC. Gonna be a Mac.

there are still places where unions work. my dad has been a union electrician all of his life and i have several uncles who were uaw members who worked for john deere. they are some of the hardest working people i know. my dad has been a big influence on myself and my brothers and its his skills and work ethic that are a prime example why unions were created...

BUT....

these days there are a lot of cases where unions seem to be there to keep people employed. some of the union audio guys and electricians i have to deal with in chicago and new york are some of the most unskilled people i've ever met. jobs that take me 3-4 hours by myself take a crew of 4 people a full 8 hour shift. it just sucks because the number of union employees who should be in the union are greatly overshadowed by the folks who shouldnt be there.

Oh I'm union, just frustrates me when someone busts their ass to get orders out and other shifts just screw off and not do anything all night. This has happened to me 4 days in a row now. I do screw off from time to time but when we really need to get parts out like this week i''ve been busting my ass to get them out. We like to have fun around here but whne parts need to go out, i try my best to get them out. I'm looking forward to some range time with my carry pistol and. 22! :yelclap:

Last edited:
At the hospital to have ultrasound to find out what we are having.

mac 'a little nervous 'gyvr

Its a girl!

Still due 10/11/12

mac 'should be interesting' gyvr

so who wants to do a motor swap for cheap?

i know i haven't started a build thread yet, but i have an xj that PO swapped in a 4.2(258) and im thinking i may want to swap back in a 4.0 :looney:

biggest issue is i don't have experience in this kinda task, nor do i have the equipment it needs.

anyone?

so who wants to do a motor swap for cheap?

i know i haven't started a build thread yet, but i have an xj that PO swapped in a 4.2(258) and im thinking i may want to swap back in a 4.0 :looney:

biggest issue is i don't have experience in this kinda task, nor do i have the equipment it needs.

anyone?

why would nyone ever swap a 4.0 for 4.2 is the question I would ask myself.

Is all the wiring from the 4.0 there? ECM?

I'd bet there were other fuel injection issues that lead to swapping a carbed motor in.

why would nyone ever swap a 4.0 for 4.2 is the question I would ask myself.

Is all the wiring from the 4.0 there? ECM?

I'd bet there were other fuel injection issues that lead to swapping a carbed motor in.

i bought an 86 2dr xj from a guy i work with, his dad was building this thing(dad now dead, project never finished)

so originally it had a 2.8 in it. i assume he had a 4.2 laying in is shop(when i picked this thing up there were a few drive-trains all over the place) thats got to be the only reason he slapped it in there....right?

anyways the xj i currently drive has a great drive-train but i have already fallen threw the floor. as some know the body is just holes held together with wood at this point. so im thinking take the 4.0(harness and all) and put in the 86...

like i said i personally cant do this, so i figured i would check with my naxja famo and see if anyone wants a side job...

by the way this is an 86 2door with out a spec of rust anywhere on the thing in case your next question is why did i get in on this deal.;)

Finally the motor is in and bolted to the motor mounts and bellhousing bolts are in. Now to finish it up. Plugs, oil, and a filter= $100.00 OUCH!!!

got in this morning about 1AM from a good evening of sitting around with the hay crew and drinking our "first cutting/stacking" celebration beers......I havent drank beer like that since Wednesday night of WF :D But too bad my internal clock was not reset from all the booze...I was still up at 4:45 as always, but with just a bit more of a headache.

Just new this motor swap was going to easy for me. Come to find out I forgot to swap out the a/c bracket from the 91 to the 97 so I have to switch them out. Then when I was taking the belt back off I noticed something wrong. Can you spot the problem? :D

100_1894.jpg

Back