• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

jeepcopperharbor.jpg

15 HP :laugh: makes me chuckle.....Tara comes home last night and tells me the conversation she had with the ditz in her department. Girl comes in a half hour late and says to Tara ( Tara is her boss) "Hey Someone in the building is in your jeep club. I parked right next to them"
Tara"Ummmmmm thats our jeep, it was in my parking spot correct?"

I think what Byron ment to say was that it was a PITA to pick one up is you were a 6" tall guy that weighs 107#. Hell, I think Camille could pick up a scooter......:D

Cheese "biotch is tuff like that" Man

.!.:D.!.

I meant loading them properly on a rollback. If it's a doper ride I'll just lay it down on the bed and roll out. If it's a nice one it sucks to strap it down 9 ways.

Got pulled over for speeding this morning. 65/55. I was stopped, window down, papers ready and engine shut down before he turned his lights on.

I feel this action is respectful and admitting of guilt.

No ticket, only a thank you from the cop and a "slow it down a bit".

We have nice cops here too.

Got pulled over for speeding this morning. 65/55. I was stopped, window down, papers ready and engine shut down before he turned his lights on.

I feel this action is respectful and admitting of guilt.

No ticket, only a thank you from the cop and a "slow it down a bit".

We have nice cops here too.

I had my chance to talk to a state trooper a couple days ago on my way home. I was going 60ish in a 55, told him that and admitted it was still speeding, all he said was "I saw you going a little faster than that" but never told me how fast. Just a "warning," no paperwork of any kind. Maybe a slow-ass Kia Sportage going 60 looks like any other car going 70, so he thought he'd give it a shot and see if I told him I was going 70? I don't know... regardless I only drive as fast as I'm willing to pay a ticket for.

im stuck here working in chicago today...at least there is free internet in the hotel. i always think its funny rolling into the parking ramp at these business hotels in a shirt and tie with a lifted, beat up dirty old xj...then hearing the the valet guy say..."umm...may i help you?" no valet today though.

just look at the valet, drop your sunglasses Tom Cruise style (like in Risky Business) and slip teh guy a $100 and say "trade this beater for a sports car, stat! I have a hot date and you are ruining it for me". Worst thing they can do is say "no", or best case scenario, they say yes and hook you up with a sweet sports car, and you pulled off a cool move while using Tom Cruise moves...pre Days of Thunder at that.

Cheese "I have no idea where this shit comes from" Man

Just noticed that the window was down on the F350 about an inch...its Thursday morning (been a long week cause I had to ask what day it was), I parked the truck Sunday afternoon when we got back from the Badlands. Its rained alot since I parked it. Nothing on the inside looked soaked or messed up...must have dried well I guess. I guess when you run like a zombie a lot you miss those things.

mac 'needs a nice vacation' gyvr

I had my chance to talk to a state trooper a couple days ago on my way home. I was going 60ish in a 55, told him that and admitted it was still speeding, all he said was "I saw you going a little faster than that" but never told me how fast. Just a "warning," no paperwork of any kind. Maybe a slow-ass Kia Sportage going 60 looks like any other car going 70, so he thought he'd give it a shot and see if I told him I was going 70? I don't know... regardless I only drive as fast as I'm willing to pay a ticket for.

I bet that would be a scary ride at 70! :eek:

There should be a cut off weight for pole dancing, if you are above it, do it in private. And don't be on tv shows about it......that image, I can't get it out of my head.

There should be a cut off weight for pole dancing, if you are above it, do it in private. And don't be on tv shows about it......that image, I can't get it out of my head.
A pole dancer's weight is limited by the hardware of which it is secured with. If a dancer exceeds that limit, hilarity ensues. But somewhere in there you have to endure the transition from hot, to sexy, to she-shouldn't-be-up-there, to entertaining, again to sexy, to point and laughable, to death defying, to mortifying, to emotionally scarring, to absolutely repulsive...then you get to the intensely hilarious as structural integrity is compromised.

Last edited:
A pole dancer's weight is limited by the hardware of which it is secured with. If a dancer exceeds that limit, hilarity ensues. But somewhere in there you have to endure the transition from hot, to sexy, to she-shouldn't-be-up-there, to entertaining, again to sexy, to point and laughable, to death defying, to mortifying, to emotionally scarring, to absolutely repulsive...then you get to the intensely hilarious as structural integrity is compromised.

:roflmao:

anyone ever have a distributor pickup fail in a 97-99 xj??? i've been chasing some odd idle issues and thought i had it pinned down...its better but there is still some issues. right about the time i started having issues, it started to sound like i had lifters ticking...i was told a back pickup can cause pre detonation which sounds like lifters rattling...and it will go away when the engine is warm. the sounds people are describing and the symptoms sound pretty on par...i've never met someone who has had one go bad...

I think Collins brother had a similiar issue on his 4.0 ZJ. Check with him and see.

I remember Austin replacing his Dizzy, not sure what went wrong with it though.

well to top off all of my xj fun times today...i had a pretty strange, yet funny thing happen today. im working an event in chicago today for a pharma company that i've worked for in the past. i went to check into my room early this afternoon...but i didn't take my bags up because i didn't feel like it right away. once i got done with work...i drug my crap upstairs only to find some strange man undressing in my hotel room. this company has put me in rooms with other av guys before for events so i asked him "are you steve" he said no..."im craig, craig kaufman"....to which i replied "no...im craig kaufman!" we both had a little moment then he told me that he was supposed to have a room mate and when the hotel said someone had checked into his room, he thought it was his roommate. well the people at the front desk were a little stunned that they had put two people with the same name in the same room...i mean how often do two craig kaufmans wind up in the same hotel lol...it was a little shocking at first, but looking back it would have been a pretty hilarious youtube video...

Well after taking my time through the winter and doing way more than had to be done to make it streetable it's done. I painted the headlight surrounds and the custom grille hammered silver, not sure how I feel on that with the green and black, opinions?

IMG_0201.jpg

All told it received:
JCR bumper *
Solid diff cover * and syn lube
custom grille
PSC power steering pulley, steering filter and cooler
Water pump
Replacement CSF 3-row, trans fluid cooler
V8 ZJ steering top to bottom, not just the tie rod
JCR steering box brace
Dirtbound e-fan setup
Trimmed fenders and quarters
More I can't think of since I'm exhausted

* had laying around the garage for a while

To come this month yet (I hope) get leafs to match the OME coils I have laying around, finalize my OBA

Back