• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I've never played fantasy football before. I got tired of all the folks at working talking abou their bs fantasy team...so I joined a league this year.

...I drafted peyton manning as my qb last week...

mac 'screwed' gyvr
I remember asking about this last year and you said "who cares"...Glad to see you're giving it a shot. I'm actually in two leagues this year. The second league I'm in has only 4 teams. I think my secondary could compete with my first string on my other league.

My backup qb is the bears qb...

mac 'i'm screwed' gyvr

Seriously, how did you get stuck with Cutler.....Maybe you can pick up Kerry Collins.

You're heading into NYC correct? If you're going to be in the city Friday during the day, should drop by for lunch. I'll be down for work.

Mac-

Cutler is an average fantasy QB, but he'll keep you on the right side of positive. He's a slinger, so unless he has a 4 interception day, you'll come out with double digit points.

Latest news from my fantasy football insider is that Manning is done for the season. That's being reported by a radio station in Indy. If that's true, Collins isn't the answer for the people that drafted Manning. The wide receiver weapons just aren't there.

red 'played a little' heep

You're heading into NYC correct? If you're going to be in the city Friday during the day, should drop by for lunch. I'll be down for work.

im already here...well sort of. the trip starts for me in long island. i'm not sure what i'm doing yet on friday. i know we have rehearsal, but i'm not sure when. lemme check on that and i'll get back at you.

Mac-

Cutler is an average fantasy QB, but he'll keep you on the right side of positive. He's a slinger, so unless he has a 4 interception day, you'll come out with double digit points.

Latest news from my fantasy football insider is that Manning is done for the season. That's being reported by a radio station in Indy. If that's true, Collins isn't the answer for the people that drafted Manning. The wide receiver weapons just aren't there.

red 'played a little' heep

Until Polian announces Manning is done for the season, he isn't done for the season.

GSGS-

The HPOP on my 6.0 was a $1300 fix. Lots of labor. Good thing it was under warranty.

If you crank it and squirt some starting fluid in the intake (a very small amount so you don't blow something up) and it starts, you know you have a HPOP issue.

The ECU (FICM, whatever) fires the injectors based on oil pressure readings on startup. The 6.0 needs to see 500 psi in that system when cranking. I don't know if 7.3 is similiar. The starting fluid catches in the combustion chamber and spins the engine faster, creating more oil pressure, then the injectors fire and the engine starts. If it starts like that, you need HPOP work.

Similar on the 7.3, 500 PSI at the ICP sensor to start. Tried unplugging it so it'd start with the default map, no luck. It will start eventually, and then it runs fine, so I am *thinking* the HPOP is not failed. It could be weak I suppose, or the seals on the HPOP or going bad. Or it's injector O-rings, or IPR O-rings as cabjeepster said, or the IPR itself. At the point I'm at, it could be a few different things, might as well have someone with a scanner take a look at it.

If they say IPR or injector O-rings I'll give it a shot myself, if its anything more serious I might just have them do it. Then there's the debate of putting in aftermarket stuff and heading down the path to big oil. :D

Got my new header in, now it will only start with throttle and isles real low.

Any ideas?

All I can say is double check your connectors and vacuum lines since you had a lot of stuff out of way to get to the header. Not sure if an XJ will run without IAC plugged in but your symptoms make me wonder if it's not getting enough air at idle. Is it running rough, stumbling, etc. or just idling low?

Until Polian announces Manning is done for the season, he isn't done for the season.

And that will be the absolute last person on the planet to confirm what everyone else will already have reported.

The team doesn't want to make that announcement and they'll question every medical expert on the planet before they do it.

I'm not saying it's going to happen right now, but there are already people reporting about a third medical procedure. They clearly can't fix what's wrong and they've got the best money can buy working on it. The closer and closer they get to that decision, the more "leaks" will start coming out, until eventually the owner and GM will stand in front of everyone and confirm what everyone already knows.

also while i'm thinking of it i averaged about 18-19 mpg on the trip out here...not bad for stock gears and 31's with a 4" lift...i was planning on 4.10's but now i'm re thinking that choice. i went to one pick and pull and only found 3.73 8.8's, but i'm not sure thats quite right either. when i was pulling the boat for an hour to my buddies house i got 16 mpg, so really im just looking to boost my power for that sort of thing...and i'm never going to do more than 31's on a dd (yeah i know thats what everyone says)

but it would be nice to smoke rubber again...hmmm

It idles fine, I need to use the throttle to get it to start, then it idles real low. ive checked connections, I figure thats where the problem has to be, I'll recheck in the am.

Maybe it cuz I'm buzzed, but what is IAC?

Back