• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Things have been super busy around here lately. We went out to Door County for some camping over memorial weekend. Managed to get the kayak out on the water for a little while Sunday.

Meganne started having contractions yesterday afternoon. I was thinking we were going to be making a trip to the hospital last night, but the contractions backed off around 3 or 4 while she was taking a nap.

At this point, I just want to meet my boy. The anticipation of "when am I going to get the call?" is really killing me.

Well, I am gonna bite the bullet and start looking for a house. Thankfully my cousins wife is a realtor so I have a person who I can trust helping me through the process. So hopefully within the next few months you guys won't have to hear me bitch about my roommate, I'll have to find something else to bitch about. :D My head hurts from all these numbers and figures! :eek:

Well, I am gonna bite the bullet and start looking for a house.... I'll have to find something else to bitch about. :D :

Here's a starter list for you...

- the house needs a new roof
- the water heater went out
- the previous owner screwed up the wiring
- the sewer backed up
- the pipes are leaking
- the AC went out
- the furnace went out
- the carpenter ants moved in
- the lawn needs mowing
- the property taxes went up
- the property value went down

At least you won't be concerned about Hoosiers moving in next door :D

New RockStar Fab tow rig:

'2000 Powerstroke / 6speed

BTW, I'm selling the Weather Guard tool box, 98 gal transfer tank/electric pump, headache rack, and front brush guard if anyone's interested.

My opinion of your intelligence just went up a couple notches :D

Nice truck!

- the house needs a new roof
- the water heater went out
- the previous owner screwed up the wiring
- the sewer backed up
- the pipes are leaking
- the AC went out
- the furnace went out
- the carpenter ants moved in
- the lawn needs mowing
- the property taxes went up
- the property value went down

Thanks John, I'm thrilled! :rolleyes:
Thankfully, I know a Plumber, a carpenter, and several handymen in the area. Gonna try to find one that has a few updated items(AC and Furnace mainly) Still better than living with a dumbass who is dating a dumbass and both dumbasses have kids(don't mind kids at all but the parenting suuuuucks)! :(

I do have to worry about some fool from Illinois moving in next door though! :D

Last edited:
Gotta remember that after you sign the paperwork..... the owner is a real ass!

People should be required to pass an IQ test before they are allowed to reproduce!

or drive...

I have came to the conclusion that buying all these cheap piece of shit chore trucks has cost me about double in the long run. Just replaced the drive train in the newest POS Nissan a few weeks back and when out to chore tonight it just died and had an electrical problem that melted the ground cable out of the terminal and had both posts smoking....I would have left it to burn but it has a nice flat bed on it and brand new mud tires.......so now I am thinking about a Ford Ranger x-cab 4x4..I can get a 2000 or newer for not too much money.

I have came to the conclusion that buying all these cheap piece of shit chore trucks has cost me about double in the long run. Just replaced the drive train in the newest POS Nissan a few weeks back and when out to chore tonight it just died and had an electrical problem that melted the ground cable out of the terminal and had both posts smoking....I would have left it to burn but it has a nice flat bed on it and brand new mud tires.......so now I am thinking about a Ford Ranger x-cab 4x4..I can get a 2000 or newer for not too much money.

As much as i don't like Ford, Rangers have always been tough little trucks that can handle some miles. Not just Rev's work trucks either! :D My grandpa has had few issues with his 2000 Ranger which is good because Grandma's Caddy likes to spend the money when it breaks! :eek:

I hear cash registers chinging.

Haha, yeah its been a damn good car(2000 DeVille with Northstar) but when she needs work, she costs a lot. Hey, keeps guys like you employed though. They knew what they were getting into when they bought it.

you should have just chopped the red xj ,

^like^

Speaking of red XJ's here is the 98 limited my buddy scored(his insurance isn't covering his car since his roommate wasn't on his policy so his roommate is paying for the jeep)!

S7301008.jpg

You can see his Honda and part of the damage in this picture(and my MJ in the garage getting ready to have its bum heart ripped out):
S7301009.jpg

Last edited:

- the house needs a new roof - CHECK - haven't done it yet
- the water heater went out - CHECK - Winterfest 2010
- the previous owner screwed up the wiring - CHECK - fixed some before moving in
- the sewer backed up - not yet thankfully
- the pipes are leaking - CHECK - fixed before moving in
- the AC went out - CHECK - Summer of 2009
- the furnace went out - CHECK - Winter of 2009
- the carpenter ants moved in - not yet thankfully
- the lawn needs mowing - CHECK - every week
- the property taxes went up - CHECK - two years in a row
- the property value went down - CHECK - worth 10k less than what I paid 3 years ago

Damn John... I scored 9 out of 11...my CHECK's are for three years of ownership...

.......so now I am thinking about a Ford Ranger x-cab 4x4..I can get a 2000 or newer for not too much money.

Then you could bring it to the badlands and TREC it too!

For the record, I'm driving the C747 Danger Ranger in the TREC race this weekend. My buddy, Bryan (sideshow), was at winterfest in the truck, is letting me and Grace race it for our wedding present from him...and since the TREC race is the end of our honeymoon, it works out. I'm pretty excited.

mac 'better than racing your own stuff' gyvr

Last edited:
Borrowed cars are always faster. Give it hell.

Speaking of...

I lent the baby jeep out while out of town to a buddy who's truck broke down...

mac 'hope i don't regret it' gyvr

Damn John... I scored 9 out of 11...my CHECK's are for three years of ownership...

Then you could bring it to the badlands and TREC it too!

For the record, I'm driving the C747 Danger Ranger in the TREC race this weekend. My buddy, Bryan (sideshow), was at winterfest in the truck, is letting me and Grace race it for our wedding present from him...and since the TREC race is the end of our honeymoon, it works out. I'm pretty excited.

mac 'better than racing your own stuff' gyvr

I was planning on going to the race up until yesterday. I didn't know you were piloting the ranger this weekend, thats cool of him to let you of all people drive his truck! :) I just can't afford the gas money this week so i'll save it for Harlan!

That is awesome! Hope you guys have had a great time down south...looks like it!

Back