• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Ah gotcha, this is an 88, so that peice of sheet metal on the radiator support is removeable with a few bolts (I just havent removed it yet), and there should be that space in the firewall as well (but i dont have a pic of it)

oh cool. Guess I'm just an idiot then :dunce:

I thought the shield on the rad support 87+ was plastic for 2.5s for some reason. Yeah, you're all set.

Check waaaay up under the dash up on the column. Fords have a problem with 2 shifter linkage bolts working themselves loose and causing problems like you're describing. I have fixed 2 Crown Vics and an Expedition this way. They're Torx; just look up in there with a good flashlight and I bet you will find 2 loose bolts working their way out.

do you by chance remember the size? I have a friend with a crown vic that's touchy to start, would be nice not have to drag the toolbox over there. Anyway, thanks for hte info, I'll have ot get Tony's hoopty back to starting without giggling the snot out of the column.

Good luck with this, as im getting ready to start the same project on my 88 in the next couple of weeks. If you get a head start on me I might just have to pick your brain a bit...lol
Ah gotcha, this is an 88, so that peice of sheet metal on the radiator support is removeable with a few bolts (I just havent removed it yet), and there should be that space in the firewall as well (but i dont have a pic of it)

There are times that being a student blows. Then there are Friday nights/ Saturday mornings like this.

That is all .!.:D.!.

Deer hunting started this morning. Waiting for the sounds of bullets to start going by the house!! I started my hunting on Wednesday night, turkey to the windshield on the grand cherokee. Expensive bugger, $150.00 to replace the windshield.

I went out at 5:30 this morning like I do everyday and my chore truck had no battery power..because some rat bastard stole my battery last night. I checked the other 2 trucks in that shed and the batteries were gone from hem as well. I looked around and everything else looks to be fine and in its place. I just dont understand people...I mean there are thousands of dollars of tools and even bigger batteries on the tractors and they are all there. I am guessing it was tweakers stealing the batteries to sell to the recycling place about 30 minutes up the road . They claim top $$ paid for old or junk batteries. What is even sad about it is that I have a new Optima redtop in the XJ and a brand new NAPA battery in Red Rocket..they were untouched. The Sherrif should be here within the hour to look things over...

Cheese "just how I wanted my day to start" Man

bastards are lucky I did not catch them bc it is deer season and I dont miss! :D

"officer, I thought it was a deer...I guess you can mark it as an 'accidental' shooting " :D

we have a handfull of tweakers around here that steal anything they can get their hands on. My guess is that someone or something startled them and they left before they were done. Had to be more then one person to carry 3 batteries would be my guess. There is frost/condensation on the ground so once it is a bit more light and the sheriff shows up I am going to see if there are more then one set of tracks. The shed has a dirt floor and has readily available track in it a well...no, I am not an Indian tracker, but just trying to get an idea of how many there may have been. :D

Deer hunting started this morning. Waiting for the sounds of bullets to start going by the house!! I started my hunting on Wednesday night, turkey to the windshield on the grand cherokee. Expensive bugger, $150.00 to replace the windshield.

You would think for $140k you'd get a real bumper. Bambi died.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
A high clearance winch mount would look good! :D Wait, does Road Armor make big rig bumpers........that'd be way cooler! :D I'm not going hunting today but I am Hitting the range!

Currently sitting in my deer stand as I type.Wireless router I have has some good range. Seen 3 does so far no bucks and no signs of them near here. Not much for gun shots around here. Kind of expected that considering the size of the wolf pack around here.

off to scrap some converters....about 15 :D

Back