• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Illegal Aliens are Obvious Identity Thieves

BrianB

NAXJA Forum User
Folks: This story at MSNBC.com, dateline March 31, deals with how the IRS turns a blind eye to identity theft by illegal aliens.

I wonder how many people, who support illegal immigration, are in favor of sharing their SSN and address with an illegal alien so they can get credit cards and a cell phone?

Brian

Latest post from: Hidden cost of illegal immigration: ID theft (
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html)

How many stop to think of the true cost of illegals?
The big rallying cry is they do the work none of us want to do.
Really?
I mowed yards while in High School, I swept floors, and I did manual labor.
All of the things they do now, we did as kids.
People talk about the minimal wages they work for, how much money that saves the employer.
“Their contribution to this economy is vital.” Bull Sh!t
That is the “ Wal-Mart” mentality!, “look how much money I save by shopping there!
Let’s look at how much they cost us.
Not only are they draining our welfare system, they are overloading our schools, Hospitals, Highways, and our Cities
They are driving wages down, jobs that once paid $15.00 per hour are now $8.00 to $10.00 per hour ‘cause they can get people to do them for those wages.
The fact that our pansy assed legal system won’t enforce our current immigration laws is putting a huge burden on the tax payers.
Forcing employers to hire U.S. citizens, and paying decent wages would eliminate this ‘underclass’ that puts such a burden on the system.
This should ultimately lower our taxes because we would not have to support this underclass.
More of our tax money could be spent on us, the U.S. Citizens.
But continuing to let these people come here, break the laws and leach off of us we are only hurting our selves!
Try to check in to the Emergency room in an urban area, how long will you wait?
Try to send your teen age kid out for a summer job as a farm hand or mowing yards.
What happens when they move into your financially strapped school district and the State MANDATES the school teaches them in there native language, forcing the school to hire a bunch of translators, leaving less money for honors programs or to help our own kids when they fall behind! I had to put my son in a private school so he could have advanced classes; I paid for it my self. These people move to town rent a house and the school HAS to hire two new teachers so they can be taught in Spanish, B.S.!

Put up a fence.
Start arresting CEOs who KNOWNINGLY hire illegals.
Let’s enforce the laws already in place and stop rewarding people for their bad behavior!

For the record, I am a fourth generation immigrant, my Grandpa’s parents came here from Ireland and they came legally and took no free shit from the government.
They made a better life for themselves, themselves!

BrianB said:
Folks: This story at MSNBC.com, dateline March 31, deals with how the IRS turns a blind eye to identity theft by illegal aliens.

I wonder how many people, who support illegal immigration, are in favor of sharing their SSN and address with an illegal alien so they can get credit cards and a cell phone?

Brian

Latest post from: Hidden cost of illegal immigration: ID theft (
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html)

Looks like a win win situation for the govt, they get to put all that money in the earnings suspense file and I bet it gets used on various projects just like our SS money is now. With 500 billion of slush money available why would they want to stop it, wonder whose private account that belongs too...

seanR said:
Really?
People talk about the minimal wages they work for, how much money that saves the employer.
That is the “ Wal-Mart” mentality!, “look how much money I save by shopping there!
Not only are they draining our welfare system, they are overloading our schools, Hospitals, Highways, and our Cities
They are driving wages down, jobs that once paid $15.00 per hour are now $8.00 to $10.00 per hour ‘cause they can get people to do them for those wages.
The fact that our pansy assed legal system won’t enforce our current immigration laws is putting a huge burden on the tax payers.
Forcing employers to hire U.S. citizens, and paying decent wages would eliminate this ‘underclass’ that puts such a burden on the system.
This should ultimately lower our taxes because we would not have to support this underclass.
But continuing to let these people come here, break the laws and leach off of us we are only hurting our selves!
Try to send your teen age kid out for a summer job as a farm hand or mowing yards.
What happens when they move into your financially strapped school district and the State MANDATES the school teaches them in there native language, forcing the school to hire a bunch of translators, leaving less money for honors programs or to help our own kids when they fall behind! I had to put my son in a private school so he could have advanced classes; I paid for it my self. These people move to town rent a house and the school HAS to hire two new teachers so they can be taught in Spanish, B.S.!

Put up a fence.
Let’s enforce the laws already in place and stop rewarding people for their bad behavior!

For the record, I am a fourth generation immigrant, my Grandpa’s parents came here from Ireland and they came legally and took no free shit from the government.
Amen

seanR said:
Really?

Put up a fence.

Being a 4th gen immigrant, I'm behind you too. If ppl came legally, I have no issues with any of them

djblade311 said:
Being a 4th gen immigrant, I'm behind you too. If ppl came legally, I have no issues with any of them
:cheers: I'll drink to that (being 1st gen immigrant ;) ) There are plenty ways to come here legally but they take time and effort which quite a few want to avoid causing in the end result all sorts of problems.

lets just use illigal imigrants to build a wall. that would be a sweet irony

It is all the F'ing hand outs we (the U.S.) give them!
Quit bitching about the stray cat crapping in your yard if you are feeding it!

We are creating an entire populus of "GIMMEY, GIMMEY, GIMMEY"
Who will pay for their free shit in twenty years?
No one, we will be just like third wold countries, with most of the people living in shacks while a few corrupt fat cats collect all of the money.

my thinking has always been if you want to become a citizen:

1) serve 3 years in the military. After your service, you have earned your citizenship.
2) as a citizen you now pay taxes
3) after serving you have gained valuable life skills that will help you get a better job in the civilian world
4) or you can stay in the military and continue to serve.

This helps our military, is less of a drain on our economy, and the immigrants can earn and hold better paying jobs in the future rather than just 'cheap labor'. Plus, it's just an honest legal way to do it.

Just a thought.

Chris

seanR said:
It is all the F'ing hand outs we (the U.S.) give them!
Quit bitching about the stray cat crapping in your yard if you are feeding it!

We are creating an entire populus of "GIMMEY, GIMMEY, GIMMEY"
Who will pay for their free shit in twenty years?
No one, we will be just like third wold countries, with most of the people living in shacks while a few corrupt fat cats collect all of the money.

Hmm, even a valid statement 2 generations ago...

Honestly i agree with you sean 100%. Second gen. immigrant from germany. Did it the grueling hard legal way and proud to have.

Wonder how many illegals could have been rounded up at the protests.... oh well, hindsights 20/20..

ckh550 said:
1) serve 3 years in the military. After your service, you have earned your citizenship.
3) after serving you have gained valuable life skills that will help you get a better job in the civilian world
Starship Troopers ;)

seanR said:
It is hard to pump the water out of a boat, if there is still a gaping hole in the bottom!
Fix the hole!

To fix that hole you'd first have to put 20,000+, from the federal level on down to state politicians, out of work, randomly appoint by state new representatives chosen from the voter registration lists AND who have voted in the last 6 elections to serve 4 years....remove retirement benefits, lifetime healtcare, give em bluecross and blue shield, and add term limits but make everybody who serves tax exempt up to the first $500k they make per year.
Make hiring illegals a felony, plain and simple, if the illegals provide financial gain for those hiring them then they should also provide financial penaltys when they get caught, stiff ones too...

Being a politician should not be the well paying career that it is...they are all elected armchair quarterbacks.
JMO

I also firmly believe in the heinlein philosophy, no serve, no rights...

What I don't understand is...
What is being said here, we all seem to be in agreement.
No one has spoken up and told us how wrong we are.
Why is this problem so hard to solve?
Ray Charles can see the problem!

Are our elected officials really THAT blind to the problems?

I know there are quite a few polititions out there that have no clue what it is like to live in the real world...
Oh like Ted Kennedy, and others...
But can they ALL be totaly clueless?

Perhaps our system of government is so corrupt that it will never be fixed.

seanR said:
Really?

Put up a fence.

I completely agree.

seanR said:
What I don't understand is...
What is being said here, we all seem to be in agreement.
No one has spoken up and told us how wrong we are.
Why is this problem so hard to solve?
Ray Charles can see the problem!

Are our elected officials really THAT blind to the problems?

I know there are quite a few polititions out there that have no clue what it is like to live in the real world...
Oh like Ted Kennedy, and others...
But can they ALL be totaly clueless?

Perhaps our system of government is so corrupt that it will never be fixed.

Some of us agree to a point. ;) I don't mind open and free immigration, but I do mind giving out freebies to the people who aren't citizens. In fairness, not everyone who comes here is 'leaching' the system, it's a few who are causing the problem. To generalize that is like saying that all people who wheel tear up the land and litter while tossing their flaming cigarette butts and empty beer cans in the bushes. What I see is a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on without getting a full view of the story. It's easier to sit on your collective asses and get your point of view from the slave box instead of actually talking to the people you accuse of wrongdoing. All these immigrant folks want, legal and illegal alike, is to work and be happy...free of danger and persecution. To say that they only come here to mooch off our system is ignorant for the most part. I'm not saying that some don't, it's just that not all of them do. Like I mentioned above, you can take virtually any group and substitute their name in place of 'immigrants'. But instead, many people would rather make generalizations on these issues. Same goes for what I've noticed in conversations and in the television reports I've witnessed...it's all about 'Mexicans' or 'Latinos'. NOBODY has mentioned the other nationalities that are involved. There are plenty of those out there, so where are the vicious news reports about Canadian janitors on welfare? Dare I assume it's a race issue?

As for a change in the governmental system, I again invite you all to think of everyone when you do so. Forcing people to do things against their will can only lead to bitter resentment in the long run. We've as a society become accustomed to being told what to do, think, and say. LESS government interaction into our lives is better for everyone. Big government has their agenda and keeps the politicians sitting on their fat asses for YEARS, until they're completely senile and way beyond touch with the public sector. They cater to big business for kickbacks and special treatment. They're not thinking of the people as a whole when it comes to decisions being made. Again, we've become accustomed to that so it's no surprise that many would rather toss out 'MAKE A LAW!' instead of looking at the root of the problem. You know why 'they' can't just pull up to a rally and arrest the illegal immigrants? It's because everyone's screaming about terrorism and the government spends excessive amounts of money on bullshit programs and foreign affairs that cater to big business agendas. I agree that the problem begins at home. If you want to truly cure the problem, you need to relax the rules some and shift fire, so to speak.

Consider what Edward H. Crane of the Cato Institute has to say:

"Here's an interesting thought experiment. Suppose we increased the level of immigration, but the rule would be that immigrants and their descendants would have no access to government social services, including welfare, social security, health care, business subsidies, or the public schools. I would argue first that there would be no lack of takers for that proposition. Second, within a generation, we would see those immigrants' children going to better and far cheaper schools than the average citizen; there would be less poverty, a better work ethic, and proportionately more entrepreneurs than in the rest of U.S. society; and virtually everyone in this group would have inexpensive high-deductible catastrophic health insurance, while the truly needy would be cared for by an "immigrant culture" that gave proportionately more to charity. If my hypothesis is true, and I believe it would be for virtually any immigrant group you could name, it is something to think about, isn't it? That kind of freedom's why people came here in the first place -- not for a government that takes 43 percent of your income, regulates you to death and tells you which books your child must read in school."

Interesting read that gets the wheels turning... For the full context, follow the link. http://www.cato.org/speeches/sp-71493.html

In conclusion, I agree with you guys to a point...I just invite you to think a little further beyond your immediate judgement and actions. :)

Back