• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need help plz

There are some Jeepers up in Lake Hughes area I think...do NOT go to a dealer, if anything, a mechanic.

But Jeeperjohn is worth the drive. Either way, check ball joints, driveshaft play and tranny/engine mounts. Your noises sound familiar.

ps: the Jeep hobby isn't cheap.

that would be my very last choice to do is go to a dealer my friend has a buddy thats a mechanic so hopefully he would be able to tell me and i wish i would be able to drive out there but im still kinda having over heating problems lol but that should be fixed soon

park it, e-brake it, and chock the rear wheels. pull the rear driveshaft. its 4 8MM bolts (verify in field). at the rear axle ujoint. dont drop the ujoint caps.
holding it in your hands, check for slop in the rear driveshaft ujoint. there shouldnt be any!

lake hughes is basically castaic lake, right? im nowhere near there, but pulling a driveshaft is EASY. just make sure the jeep doesnt roll away.

ok ill do that this weekend and what do you mean by slop and yeah castaic is like a 10 min drive for me lol does anyone no anyone that live near me that can help??? and thanks everyone for the advise

slop. the ujoint obviously has some movement in it... i dont know how to explain it, but you should feel any of the 'wrong' kind of slop....

imagine if you twisted the yoke, and the driveshaft didnt twist with it immediately.

when you pull the d/s, you disconnect the rear u-joint from the rear axle. so you'll have something like this (the one on the left).
see the yoke at the top? see how its connected to the main driveshaft with a ujoint, also at the top? check THIS ujoint for play. you shouldnt be able to twist one independantly of the other...

take it for a spin on the highway, get it up to speed, and let off the gas sharply, do you get a vibe on deceleration? thats a dead giveaway.

Back