• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know what you did last winter, spring, summer and early fall.

SeanP said:
Methinks Master Brian has never retubed a pumkin or rotated his knuckles. It takes a massive amount of force to remove a tube from the pumkin, even after drilling out the rosettes. Ask Billy how many swings of the 3 pound sledge it takes to rotate a knuckle 12* after you have the weld all the way off the inner C so you can see the thin hairline crack all around. Contrast this force to the contact patch of a tire on even the stickiest asphalt. You will always lose traction before you even get to 1-3% (my WAG) of the twisting force needed to spin an axle tube under hard braking.

Nice job andy. Where do you find the time?

SeanP
Unless of course you are dealing with a ford 8.8, then all above is false... lol! :flame: ME!

CRASH said:
Here is a front shot of the set-up.

picture.JPG

Here is the axle mount (this is Jes's, mine is nearly identical.)

picture.JPG

CRASH

Just courous why no gussets on the pumpkin bridge? Not worried about it calapsing or something at the bends?

CRASH said:

So how many inches are there in vertical separation? I'm guessing 6"-7"?

Did you do the maths on that value or just settle on the hole you liked best after trying them for road feel?

<wow - that almost sounds rude>

Ghost said:
Just courous why no gussets on the pumpkin bridge? Not worried about it calapsing or something at the bends?

Actually, I do have gussets on the bridge over the pumpkin, you just can't see them in the pic.
As far as it "calapsing"(do you mean collapsing?) or "something", I have over 40,000 miles on it without an issue.
I only drive it to the mall so take that in to consideration.
I hope my web wheeling habits help you acheive a high standard in web wheeeling etiquitte'.

Jes said:
Actually, I do have gussets on the bridge over the pumpkin, you just can't see them in the pic.
As far as it "calapsing"(do you mean collapsing?) or "something", I have over 40,000 miles on it without an issue.
I only drive it to the mall so take that in to consideration.
I hope my web wheeling habits help you acheive a high standard in web wheeeling etiquitte'.

Whoa! Settled into the new place and got Internet? :)

Man, I could never mock everything up prior to installation, like that.
It seems that everything I do comes from the top of my head and just gets put on and adjusted until it fits.
You people and your freaking planning.

Jes said:
Settled in?
Kinda, I think I'll still be living out of boxes for a while. :rof:

Living out of a cardboard box sucks.

Not much wind protection and the cops come and harass you all the time.

GSequoia said:
Living out of a cardboard box sucks.

Not much wind protection and the cops come and harass you all the time.

The property taxes are much more acceptable though.

Back