• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I hate wasps

They have sticky traps at Ace for paper wasps complete with some strange optical attractant. My Ace had 2 for 1 wasp spray today. I loaded up.

ce88c77d13ce611e4ac591668e297fc0.jpg
3d3f9d84b9295b48a154bdc62758d1eb.jpg
e09d1e21565d69add6054484372fa24b.jpg

Caught in the act....and he paid dearly. It was kind of amusing when first blasted, he started trying to sting wildly. Unfortunately, the only thing close was his own nest.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I love the classic death pose, right arm across his chest, left arm flung outwards. I think I heard him say "ughh".

Last edited:
The damn things keep making nests behind the fuel door. Any ideas on something to drive them off? I was thinking of getting some moth balls and tie them in some panty hose but I don't have any to spare.:jester:

Perhaps you can put some of those wasp catchers around where you park your Jeep for long periods of time. The ones on poles referred to earlier. We have them at the office where people are always out and about. They seem to work pretty decent.

Can't believe I didn't see this thread yet.

I'm having the same problem. I haven't been driving my XJ much lately & it is serving as a breeding ground for wasps. Several different kinds actually. Been spraying them w/ brake cleaner but they keep rebuilding.

Almost got lit up yesterday but an unknown hive in my hitch receiver! My first inclination was to whip it out and piss in the receiver to assert my dominance. Wife said that was foolish. I used brake cleaner instead.

096965b8-9841-4333-97c2-c942e9a0f43c.jpg

now that is some contaminant...

Started the grill for dinner tonight and ended up grilling a whole nest. It was funny to watch them try to attack the hot grill.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

b9ee51cb0d52b4b75559911b8b01ef5e.jpg

Inside that same left taillight...Say your prayers, suckah'!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I took my wasp collection for a ride, all the way to the scrap yard. When I pulled the straps and opened the storage box, I grabbed the silver-dollar sized nest and tossed it into the pile of scrap.

When I get home, I'm busy with other things. Four hours later, I remember to wind up my straps for storage... The little bastid's are at it again! :mad:

WASP.jpg

Back