• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hypertech power tuner

i got 1 but i could not program my car, it says carbelation not found, and when i tried to call hypertech they saied that i can not use this power programmer on this car coz my vin no. is different !!, and at the same time they wrote on the programer 1996 - 2004 jeep wrangler 6 cyl. 4.0 L,:exclamati so if you want to get 1 make sure to give them the vin no. before you will buy it to make sure it will fit your car.

righteyejoe said:
im looking at getting a hypertech power tuner 3 and i wanted to see if other people have run it and liked it or hated it

Go to the search box, type "hypertech", and hit the "go" button. You'll find many threads on the subject.

jeep112 said:
i got 1 but i could not program my car, it says carbelation not found, and when i tried to call hypertech they saied that i can not use this power programmer on this car coz my vin no. is different !!, and at the same time they wrote on the programer 1996 - 2004 jeep wrangler 6 cyl. 4.0 L,:exclamati so if you want to get 1 make sure to give them the vin no. before you will buy it to make sure it will fit your car.

umm lol duh

this is the email from hypertech:
I forwarded your email to our engineering department for clarification and below is the response. The V code engine is a 4.0 inline 6 cylinder but is designed to be used with Leaded fuel which we do not support. The only option is to return the Programmer to the place of purchase. Sorry we couldn't help.

We tuned the S I-6 4.0L Jeep engine for regular and premium unleaded gasoline.
According to the Dodge documentation:
S= 4.0L 6 CYL GASOLINE (MPI)-UNLEADED…………………………………(ERH)
V= 4.0L 6 CYL GASOLINE (MPI)-LEADED…………………………………….(ERH)
the V engine has the same sales code (analogous to GM’s RPOs) as the S engine, but the V runs on LEADED?!?!

Ummm....that sucks for you guys that don't have federal regulations regarding this stuff, but I thought that leaded gasoline was pretty much all but banned, especially for personal vehicular use, throughout the enitre world for at least the past 15 years - how wrong am I?

Back