• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hummer front clip on XJs

Dear God I found one. For all of you naysayers, if this is a photoshop, its a damn good series of them.
MVC-417F.jpg

MVC-421F.jpg

MVC-420F.jpg

Its amazing what a group of guys, some tools, ALOT of time and a little bit of butthole engineering can do. If you want a Hummer, you buy a hummer. Its like those kids that take a POS $5k car and mod $20K on to it and its still worth 5k.

I can't beleive that someone that would spend that much coin on splicing two jeeps together could not do bettter than a piece of pipe for a snorkle

Slip Kid said:
They do a little bit. mostly because GM stole the H2 grille design from Jeep...

If you wanna do a front clip, I'd say an escalade one would be cooler :laugh3:

and for some reason hummers also have 7 slat grilles

It's not a photochop DJ; that guy used to hang around SoCalXJ (although I never saw the rig)

Yes he actually WIDENED the XJ. From a technical standpoint you have to give serious props for that.

Another picture:
Jeep1.JPG

I wanna see a Hummer go where a good XJ can go..ain't happening...with those belly pans...a fairly minor mudhole is doom...instant mud turtle...I heard that AM General sued the crap outta the boys that made the Bummer kit.

I was thinking that there may be a way to utilize H2 or H3 fenders for those wanting wider/different front fenders.
I was afraid to post that thought fro fear of death and for lack of any real research.

yea pretty damn ugly on the stock wrangler but the lifted one aint too bad cause im sure it has some giddy up.. other than that. if you want a small hummer buy an Xj. right???

GSequoia said:
Yes he actually WIDENED the XJ. From a technical standpoint you have to give serious props for that.

That thing is God awful ugly, but I'd love to see more about the project. That's a lot of fabrication and scavenging for the right part.

Back