• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP30 - Built

Infidel_XJ

NAXJA Member #1065
So after purchasing this built HP30 last week, seems plans have changed. It’s going back on the market. The axle is at RoyalXJ’s place in NJ and MUST BE PICKED UP. I’m asking $1750 for the axle, OTK, and shortened RD trackbar. I’m not looking to split it up, being sold as a package only. If I don’t sell it by the time I get back from Afghanistan, I’ll end up using it, so the price if firm and well worth it.

Axle: HP30, Cryo'd 4:56s, Detroit Fullcase Locker, Alloy Shafts, Spicer 760x Joints, Alloy Tube Seals, Spicer Balljoints, Riddler Dif Cover, T&T Truss w/ OTK Track Bar Bracket and Control Arm Brackets, Relocated Swaybar Mounts, Clayton LCA Mounts, Welded Axle Tubes, EMS Offroad Hub Conversion (Hubs, Spindles, Rotors, Warn Premium Lockouts, 4340 Stubs, Timken Bearings). Knuckles are reamed for one ton OTK steering. Built in June 2010. WMS-WMS is 62.5” and C-C is 53”. Hub conversion takes a wheel with a hub bore of 3.45”. Most steel wheels run around 3.3” and will need to be slightly bored out (lathe or die grinder).

Steering: One Ton OTK, 1.5” Ballistic Fab 7075 tie rod, 1.25” DOM drag link with Moog TREs, 2 are brand new and 2 have 1 trip of use on them. Spare ES2026R and ES2233L are included. Trackbar is a shortened RE1660. Comes with Bored out Dropped Pitman Arm.

20101224085339.jpg

20101224085358.jpg

20101224085413.jpg

20110102114943.jpg

20110102115018.jpg

The axle is no longer for sale BUT......the EMS hub conversion will be for sale once it's pulled....along with the shortened RE1660 Trackbar.

Did you sell it for that?

I have a similarly built 30. I don't have the hub conversion so I planned to ask 1k. I have WAY more then that in it...

This being my 3rd XJ, I wanted something mild. But as usual, the bug bites you and when I saw Royal's 30, I had to jump on it. The only issue I had was I didn't really want the hub conversion. But I decided to keep the 30 and just have the conversion removed. Being in Afghanistan, Royal is helping me out by doing the swap. The EMS conversion is coming out and Alloy outers, Alloy joints, new hubs, and drilled/slotted rotors and Hawk pads are going in.
I'd list what you have in it and just ask what you think is fair. Adding up the total that he'd put into this thing, it's just shy of about $3700. That will of course spark the whole debate on even building a 30 and people talking about pulling one out of a JY for cheap and throwing a lock-rite in it...blah blah blah.
The way I see it, if you want quality parts, you pay for them. That's why I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on a trail 44 from Dynatrac....even though I'm not going huge, I wanna be able to beat on it and not worry. Doing Moab when I get home for EJS and I wanna be able to drive it home....lol

Back