• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to straighten my frame?

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
okay heres my problem. when you look at my jeep from the front it looks level but when you go around back its leaning to one side. im assuming that means my frame is twisted. anyone have any idea of how to fix it? and how much it will cost?

Alot, and you will need a frame jig. Although i dont even know if its possible to straiten a uni body style vehicle.

we did just replace a rear leaf about 2 months ago. is it leaning just because its still stiffer and needs to be broken in or something.

it's probably the suspension doing it. Take some measurements from your rear axle tube to your bumpstop mount on each side and see if one is higher.

Mine used to lean slightly to one side in the back, even after my leaf packs were broken in and so were my shocks.

if your unibody really is tweaked, keep your parts, get a new shell, and start over. xj's are a dime a dozen.

but it's probably your suspension.

I think my xj leans a little also. I'm not sure if its just me but it looks fine till I look at it from the back angle. Then it looks a little leaned to the right? I don't know I might be crazy.

It's called 'ghetto lean,' and it helps offroad!!

It could be the front coils, even though it's showing up in the rear. It also could be the rear leafs. Swap the leafs from side to side and see if it makes a difference.

There is a chance the area around the front leaf mounts could be rotted out and pushing up through the floor. I've seen that in XJ's before. Easy to check.

Or it just has the lean like everyone else's... Mine used to lean when it was stock, BB'd, and the 3" lift. I don't think it does anymore. Hard to tell I guess.

If it really is twisted. Jump it and land it really hard on the right or left front corner. Should do the trick:explosion

what about jacking the truck up putting jackstands under the frame rails drooping the rear suspension and look at the axle and see if it's tweaked

my blue jeep also leans a slight bit to the right some times, i think its just touque lean

The fact that you replaced a leaf leads me to think that you may have torqued the bolts down before the Jeep was back on its wheels. Try loosening them up some, rocking the Jeep and let it settle. Then re-torque and recheck. Could be that the new spring is still stiffer, but after 2 months I would think that it should be broken in.

Back