• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much should I ask for my XJ?

r00

NAXJA Forum User
I wasn't sure of what section to ask this but what do you guys think I could get for my jeep?

1996 Cherokee SE
4.0 i6
70,050 Miles
RE 3.5" Superride (AAL)
32x11.50 BFG A/T's on American Racing 767's with lugs and center caps.

The lift-kit, wheels and tires are less then 6 months old. Everything was bought brand new.

There is nothing power at all, not even a center console. But it does have working A/C and heat...

These are the only pictures I have of it:

jeepfront.JPG

jeepangle.JPG

I was thinking $7 or best offer... Would this be too much? It has very low miles and very clean. Not to mention I put about $2500 into it with the wheels, tires and lift.

Thanks

CanMan said:
Ill give you $7 for it.

But you probably will not get $7000 for it if that is what you mean...

Not to much of modified tech... but anyway:
I'd have to agree here, I think you'd be lucky to get much more than $3500 for it. There is a '98 XJ Classic with 74k at the dealer a town over... they are asking $6100, just to give you an idea.

Why are you selling it?

It has more value to you than anyone else the market value of XJs isn’t that great, there’s tons of them, they are an orphan discontinued model of more than 5 years, and the fact yours is 10 years old with low mileage appealsbasically only to an XJ fan, but your average buyer looking for any midsize SUV sees it as "a ten year old jeep" .... So you’re not going to get top dollar.

Also all mods should be seen as for you for your fun not to get a return on .... Figure that little to no one else in the general used car market wants your used mods and any jeep with mods is labeled as "being off roaded, ridden hard and put away wet”. Not a good sales draw. So I hope you see my point on keeping it as a second vehicle, everyone needs a nice reliable second car if they are in any sort of motor sports. That jeep has 150k left in it, I can't tell how rusty it is (I don’t know if phillie salts the heck out of their roads like Detroit ...we are built on a salt mine) but I would keep it. You’ll never get back what you put into it: or get "whats its worth to you" in the market. Think of it as a second vehicle reliable for 10 years, easily fixed, and no car payment.

My 95 country has 120k perfect interior, new recaro seats, tons of new parts, a new engine with less than 20k on it. I know i cant get crap for it .... so i am keeping it till it rusts back into the earth or its wrecked or stolen. Not that i wanted to sell it but you get the point.

to be honest with ya people are look at it as an Jeep Cherokee. Usually they dont care what you got done to it unless you find a kid with lots of money. I would ask about 3500 to 4200 for it.

it really goes by where you live. find what an XJ like that is going for in your area. i would start off with serching it on kbb.com then add several hundred dollars for the suspension and tires.

but i know in my area that xj could easily go for over 6 grand

Fifty-four thousand, one-hundred sixty-nine dollars and fourty-one cents.

woot.gif

You'll probably get the most money by taking the lift and tires off and selling all three separately: Jeep, lift, tires.

The more 'roadgoing', clean, and well-taken-care-of your Jeep looks, the more money you'll get out of it...

^ Yep...part it out. You'll have an easier time finding someone to buy a stock XJ with low miles than someone who's interested in a lifted one. I did pretty much the same setup with mine...I wouldn't consider money dumped into a 10 year old suv to be an investment (I'm not expecting it to offset the value on mine by much, if any). I would guess somewhere around $3,500-4,000.

Back