• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How fast is your XJ?

xj88superjeep said:
My truck was wandering a lot, and the alignment shop kept saying it was in spec and they were too lazy to try adjusting it, so I pulled the toe in a little myself, and it tightened the steering right up...
I'm pretty sure mine's just cause everything in the front end is worn out.

i got mine up to about 65mph going up hill. that was with another XJ towing me tho. :greensmok

Hi to everyone , l just read this topic. I writing you from italy and of course l have a 89 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0 Limited. Well, I wanted say something to you, as maybe you know, here we use the KM/h not Ml/H but l l can conver without problems so is ok. Well, mine whe it was in stock version, l mean with stock tires ( 225/75/15) , now l have the 31" - 15 , was run about 163 Km/h - 101 miles/h, but l never push it more, had not the courage, hehehe. So, l don't know if my Jeep has the speed limiter, cause she comes from Germany, so l think my Jeep is for the Europe. But, what l want to ask you is, all XJ's had the speed limiter? Then, also all american cars has a speed limiter? Becasue, l don't remeber where l read that long time ago there was a american law that says that on the odometer the top speed has to be written less than what the car could run. So it is real this law or it was just a fake?

Thank you very much for your answers and hope you understood me heheeh thank my simple english.

Moreno.

mines runs 6sec 0to60mph. 89 6inch lift, 87 sb 350 corvette motor, 5spd nv4500, 355's and 31inch tires.

Ill have to do a few more runs and get an over all average.

I can go 105, with 3" and 31s. In 3rd, won't go that fast in 4th.

mines runs 6sec 0to60mph. 89 6inch lift, 87 sb 350 corvette motor, 5spd nv4500, 355's and 31inch tires.

Ill have to do a few more runs and get an over all average.
Now that would get me in trouble.

if i ran it out in 5th gear i calculated it would go 150mph with my .73 5th gear. Aerodynamics like a box it would take a while to get there.

jeep001.jpg

jeep003.jpg

got more pics if u guys wana see more

7.5" lift 35" tires 4.56 gears. winch bumper, tire swing 11.37 on an 1/8 mile track.
only motor mod was a TB spacer

On a serious note, i got mine up to 92mph yesterday, No sway bars and 12lbs in each tire..

I still didnt die, so now im cutting vertically up the wrists...

.. j/k

Cough, BULLSHIT,cough. Unless you have a "worked" LS1 or Hemi in there. There is NO way a Cherokee has been 128mph in the 1/4. Thats a Low ten second mph.

So only LS1s and Hemis can go that fast in the 1/4? I think he has an old AMC V8.

jeep003.jpg

got more pics if u guys wana see more

I thought the TPI Corvette motors had Aluminum heads? Hard to tell from that pic. Nice install though.

Sorry to be skeptical but a friend of mine pointed out once that there seems to be more Corvette motors out there than corvettes ever made lol. Where are all these corvettes without engines :D.

I can't believe it fits that good! Good work.

Back