• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How fast is your XJ?

Not an acceraltion speed, but I got up to 102.1 MPH in my 1990 on 30.5'' tires and 3.55 gears. I decided not to risk it any higher. Confirmed with GPS. Will try again after stroker install this week and 3.07 gears.

Stallacrew said:
Not an acceraltion speed, but I got up to 102.1 MPH in my 1990 on 30.5'' tires and 3.55 gears. I decided not to risk it any higher. Confirmed with GPS. Will try again after stroker install this week and 3.07 gears.

Why would you swap out 3.55's for 3.07's???

got mine up to 30 once while offroad....thats bout it...cept for gettin my tires heated up in the road before the new tires were put on...let those 4.56s and detroit heat up the stock/roller wheels and tires! :smokin

jeepinwi said:
The speed limiter has become an enemy of mine. I need to disable it someday and see what I can really do on top end.

Me too! How can I disable it ?
My 99 xj runs about 115 mph,it's armored so it's a little heavier....

I have a switch that disables the speed input to the ecu and the speedometer. The wire is white w/ orange(iirc) and the connector is right off the firewall on passenger side(follow wires from transfer case/tailcone up to engine bay). There is a splice somewhere inside the loom on the driver's side firewall where it splits to the ecu and to the cluster(probably easier to figure out what pin it enters the ecu and cut it a lil before instead of opening up loom at exact splice). I also have the 125 speedo, so when I hit the limiter, flip the switch, lose the speedo, watch rpms increase until they stop(haven't topped out the stroker yet, but have been above limiter), flip the switch, speed registers above 116 while the limiter cuts in again. Here's the crappy footage of the modded 4.0 hitting 126(skip to the 2 min mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0BhhtnaVaw

I do see those hybrids many times in the fast lane doing 75-85. I guess they still get better mileage at those speeds than other civics.

gradon said:
I do see those hybrids many times in the fast lane doing 75-85. I guess they still get better mileage at those speeds than other civics.
I hate most prius drivers (at least the stuck up ones). One tried burning me to do getting onto a highway (he switched over two lanes to try passing) and i showed him his proper place with the DD (prolly could with xj too haha). :passgas:

When I get mine back, I'm going to find out exactly how fast it goes from 0-60. Then when I get the 911 fixed, I'm gonna eventually see which one of them is faster (bear in mind the 911 is a 1978, so it's not lightning-fast)... :D

85xj4dr said:
It can, Its just scary as fuck. That high, with those tires and no swaybars going eighty - with the way my jeep wanders- is just scary.

My truck was wandering a lot, and the alignment shop kept saying it was in spec and they were too lazy to try adjusting it, so I pulled the toe in a little myself, and it tightened the steering right up...

BBeach said:
I hate most prius drivers (at least the stuck up ones). One tried burning me to do getting onto a highway (he switched over two lanes to try passing) and i showed him his proper place with the DD (prolly could with xj too haha). :passgas:
Why would you hate Prius drivers? Is it because most of them:scottm: are holier than thou, politically correct, tree hugging, 50 mph in the fast lane pompus afluent A-holes in their $30K pos?

cherokee chuck said:
Why would you hate Prius drivers? Is it because most of them:scottm: are holier than thou, politically correct, tree hugging, 50 mph in the fast lane pompus afluent A-holes in their $30K pos?

Ahahaha that's great! I love it!

Back