• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How fast is your XJ?

i found out my jeep had a governor recently...

97 w/ manuel transmission and 31s:
-hammered third gear (wasnt red lining), wouldnt go over 95
-shifted to 4th and still wouldnt go any faster.

maybe it was for the best, she felt like she was going to fall apart. lol. as for 1/4 mile time... idk, it kept up with a tiburon GT from a dead stop no problem though. i was laughing at the kid while he got run down by a jeep. talk about WEAK. might have been the driver though.
IF you really wanted to try and go faster, there is a trick that might work. A lot of guys with dakotas do it.. AS you get right at the governor, click your key forward between the ON and START position, and it tricks the computer and you go over that. Like I said, it works on most dakotas so YMMV. And your limiter is probably 100, but your speedo is off.

He's rightfully proud of his Jeep. It was definitely a build well done, and I wish mine looked half as good.

Mine on the other hand is a shot paint, no carpet/ rusty floor, dinged up piece of junk. With a squishy steering wheel cover somebody put on as a joke, and it's still there because I don't care. :) This clip is the closest thing I have to 'Jeep tour'.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/401-idling_198313.htm

I agree which is why I said his wasn't the 'only' cool xj around.

Just like your old wheelin' rig, you didn't build it to be pretty, but it does what you built it to do.

Next, I'd love to see what you could build as a nasty desert/wheeler type. Think KOH style.

IF you really wanted to try and go faster, there is a trick that might work. A lot of guys with dakotas do it.. AS you get right at the governor, click your key forward between the ON and START position, and it tricks the computer and you go over that. Like I said, it works on most dakotas so YMMV. And your limiter is probably 100, but your speedo is off.
nah im good... lol. thanks. it feels so much safer in 4lo.

Well let me update the jargon chatter on here as for jjacobs i wasnt trying to be a dick. And for the people talking shit about that i need to take a chill i will not. Just cause i have an sb under the hood doesnt mean um the coolest. That is why um making videos to show people a daily driver v8 xj. Not to rub it in faces. I think u people are misunderstanding my vision. Thats funny u seen my reflection for a split second with my shirt off u fag u know u like it. ha ha. I like being ur gf's douce. And i dont see it as a poser when it is real. And why dont i deserve my xj? I turned a backyard beater with only headlights working to a road legal jeep. I think u people judge to quickly just because i didnt build my jeep doesnt mean i dont have the knowledge or the tools or resources to do it. I guess when i have the reciepts for almost 20 grand and i bought the jeep for 5100$ i guess it isnt worth the time, money or effort to build it. Ive completed many projects in my life already its just nice to afford a well built one.

O and if there is other v8 xj's chime in lets take a poll on who daily drives theres year round. And lets see how many have videos other then a burnout. Well um waiting? and thats y um doing this ur gf's doucing videos.

nah im good... lol. thanks. it feels so much safer in 4lo.
X2

O and if there is other v8 xj's chime in lets take a poll on who daily drives theres year round. And lets see how many have videos other then a burnout. Well um waiting? and thats y um doing this ur gf's doucing videos.

:rattle:

Reading that makes my head hurt. Could anybody translate it into English?

Translation:
If there are others who drive XJ's with a V8 please speak up so that I can brag about how much I drive my XJ and everyone else does not. I also would like to see videos of other peoples XJ's that are not doing burn outs(because there are so many posted). Well I am waiting.(like someone is reading his post that hasn't been posted yet) For the rest of the translation you will have to get someone with a education level lower than a first grader.
:moon:

Someone needs an English lesson, and a little grammar wouldn't hurt either. I now realize we're dealing with a 16 year old.

I kinda understand the text because I have 16 and 17 year olds. I don't understand the high and mighty attitude and talking about his shirt off and what a homo he is. I don't care that he is gay, but I don't know what that has to do with his jeep.

u must not speak english cause i dont see the word brag in my last post. Um not braggin or rubbing it in people faces i dont know how many times i have to repeat myself to get it through ur guys heads. Um trying to make videos on my xj that is daily driven. Some people out there would love to have a daily driver v8 xj. So um giving them hope. If u dont like what um doing thats fine shut ur mouth

u must not speak english cause i dont see the word brag in my last post. Um not braggin or rubbing it in people faces i dont know how many times i have to repeat myself to get it through ur guys heads. Um trying to make videos on my xj that is daily driven. Some people out there would love to have a daily driver v8 xj. So um giving them hope. If u dont like what um doing thats fine shut ur mouth

um u no what they say....'It ain't bragging if you can do it!' :D

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

jeep003.jpg

so how about a open hood shot of that V8.....:cheers:....Please.

I can't knock the XJ, it is pretty sweet. The owner though... jury is still out.:variety:

Last edited:
Back