• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi. My name is Roy and I'm a Jeepaholic

ThatGrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone.

I've been watching this forum for a long time but just joined. I've had an itch to get back into an XJ ever since the last one I had through 2003. But I finally found one and picked it up yesterday. A 2001 sport, a lot like the one I had back then. Just a different color. It's my 10th Jeep overall so I'm no officially in double digits. :D Though I only currently own 3.

ebc57db89d58612e55ea053c1888025b.jpg

2050a5108f5dfce9abce95afcd6baf06.jpg

What really sold me on this one was the wicked awesome Journey cassette he threw for free!

cf5f294cf54ebf667972f381127e2f71.jpg

I'm probably going to keep this XJ mostly stock while I have my built JK for doing serious trails. But I probably won't resist the urge to do some minor mods to make it a little more trail capable and hit some moderate trails eventually.

I know from lurking on the forum that there was a GrimmJeeper that at least used to be active here. I'm not him. I'm the guy who runs the www.grimmjeeper.com site with the gear ratio calculator. So I'm "that" grimmjeeper.

I'm down in Saudi-Aurora and I work in the DTC. I've done a lot of my own work and I'm always happy to lend a hand and even some garage space to people who want help doing their projects.

Last edited:
uuuhhh

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1128349

Think we are going to get along juuuusssttt fine.

I don't have a replacement axle for you but a couple of us go cruising junk yards on the weekends when the weather is nice. We've pulled axles (I have two in my garage right now waiting for another project) and engines.

If you're willing to pitch in on the work we can probably find what you want and we can get it swapped in for ya pretty easily.

The weather sucks for this weekend and I'm booked next weekend. After that my schedule clears up.

Matt - you disappoint me. 1st song, b side = RUBICON!! :D

1st concert ever - Journey at Big Mac, 1983... Good times.

I was not in high school - Your dad is old. :D I did have a contact high the next day at school... Feet hanging over the balcony while the folks on the floor got stupid stoned.

It's "too late"

All you young whippersnappers. I am the Born to Be Wild generation.

Sorry Roy, most threads get hijacked sooner or later around here. It's our collective ADHD.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back