• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Helping people cause I have a jeep

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
So I know most of us have helped people before and a lot of the time we are in our jeeps. I don't know if it's just cause of the jeep(i.e. if I was in the BMW I wouldn't have had a shovel) or cause it compels me to help, but I really like being able to help.

I helped two people on the way home. One guy pretty far on the side of the road. As I started shoveling someone else stopped and helped too.

Then a guy on my street trying to get up his steep ass driveway. Got him un stuck and told him to go to Safeway and buy some ice melt. He listened.

I really like being in a position to help strangers. Makes me feel good. And hopefully helps someones faith in humanity be restored. This is probably the best thing I like about my jeep.

Did the same thing the other day. Stopped and helped an older lady and her disabled husband put chains on their van. He wasn't mobile at all and she had no clue what she was doing. Figured since I didn't have to chain up, I could help somebody who had to.

I drove around with nicks chainsaw, Ryans Axe, and somebody elses jeep looking for free wood.. :patriot:

I coached someone one driving there PT cruiser up a steep ass hill, that was covered in snow. They finally made it after they got a big run on dry black top at the bottom of the hill and after they cabled up. They I helped them pull of there cabels that had rapped themselves around the knuckels. Then when I got to the top of the hill in there drive way I was compelled to ask why they didnt drive their 4x4 Excursion. No reply.
Then I was going to help someone on 126 who slid there Ford Ranger into the ditch, it was a pretty deep ditch, couldnt find him so I bailed, I know he is going to come back to a dead battery, because his cargo light was on.

I coached someone one driving there PT cruiser up a steep ass hill, that was covered in snow. They finally made it after they got a big run on dry black top at the bottom of the hill and after they cabled up...
If you want to teach them something, teach them how to start at the bottom, stop 1/2 way then make it the rest of the way from a dead stop.

Why bother I dont think they would ever get it. I know you guys in Washington can drive on the snow and ice, but some of the people down here will never figure it out.
I was stuck on an off ramp for 2 hours about 2 years ago. I got out and coached the drivers who kept sliding off the road, we would start to push them, then I told them just barley give it gas when we get you moving, so we would get some molmentum and guess what they did they floored it and slid into the wall on the down hill side. After doing this three times, I walked back and got in my car. I let them slide off the road.
The Highway patrol closed the on ramp down behind us, I ask them if I could drive by the people who had slid off the road, they said yeah if you think you can make it. I waved as I drove by all of them. :)

helped sandbag today in Salem and Stayton... Am right in the middle of it all... Pumpkin to the rescue!

I know alot of people will say "Its A Jeep Thing" but I really think helping people just comes down to what kind of person you are and a statement of your character.
Owning a Jeep just makes it easier...

I'm totally on board with helping out people when driving the Jeep. Part of it is just my good nature, and the rest of it is trying to help out and counteract the bad name the knuckleheads that don't Tread Lightly give us.

I ended up pulling out seven different people while driving back from Seattle during the snow storm we had, two of which were cops. One of those tried to give me ticket after pulling him out! No mudflaps, loud exhaust, and he must have been in the know about the station wagon thing cuz he tried to cite me for lights and bumpers too high. Another cop pulled up during the process and I guess asked if he was serious cuz the guy walked back looking sheepish and told me to have a nice day.

It goes beyond just snow storms too, flat tires on the freeway rain or shine, dead batteries, a hood up, all of the them I'll stop and see if they need help. And it's never for money, although sometimes you can't say 'no' enough times to the old lady or man that basically stuffs it in your pocket, lol.

It's a Jeep thing stickers are great an' all, but I'm with NW99XJ - it's your character and mentality that really define it.

Back