• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP - Offroader missing - California \ Nevada

C- So it's ok to do something that every acknowledged professional on the subject says never to do, based on the fact that thousands do it??? OK so I guess it's ok to drive drunk based on that logic.

WTF Dude, No its not OK to drive drunk. Let the guy RIP and STFU! I Hit a drunk driver(her fault) 3 weeks ago in my Jeep. Now the Jeep I spent the last 2 years building and worked my ass of for is a pile of parts to sift through! You need to just give up and quit being a Jackass!

WTF Dude, No its not OK to drive drunk. Let the guy RIP and STFU! I Hit a drunk driver(her fault) 3 weeks ago in my Jeep. Now the Jeep I spent the last 2 years building and worked my ass of for is a pile of parts to sift through! You need to just give up and quit being a Jackass!

There is no need for name calling! Show some respect!

Sorry about your jeep FlexedXJ, but he is not being a Jack, he has some strong opinions and is expressing it in his own manner. Maybe someone that thinks it is ok for them to go out alone will learn from what is being said.

Let's just leave it at spirited individuals expressing their opinions. No disrespect intended to anyone.

No matter what, none of us wants anyone to not make it home, ever.

Let's just leave it at spirited individuals expressing their opinions. No disrespect intended to anyone.

No matter what, none of us wants anyone to not make it home, ever.

There is no need for name calling! Show some respect!

Sorry about your jeep FlexedXJ, but he is not being a Jack, he has some strong opinions and is expressing it in his own manner. Maybe someone that thinks it is ok for them to go out alone will learn from what is being said.

Sorry guys, been a rough couple of weeks. First, i had a wreck second I have to deal with the at fault drivers stupid insurance co. and then I get the official word that I am getting laid off! I don't think its ok to wheel alone but if one is well prepared and knows what they are doing. At least they were doing what they loved and enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknxj
Let the guy RIP in dignity. Start another thread if you want to debate the practice of wheeling alone.
:clap:

For his friends and family I am sorry to hear about what has happend. I agree with rocknxj, lets start a new thread before people from other groups think we are all a bunch of a holes. "no offence intended"

I am sorry if you feel uncomfortable with this thread but I think this is the best place for this conversation.

This kind of thing happens and I feel it should be talked about in every off-road forum without the fear of disrespect him.

I am sorry if you feel uncomfortable with this thread but I think this is the best place for this conversation.

This kind of thing happens and I feel it should be talked about in every off-road forum without the fear of disrespect him.

I agree that this sorta thing happens... and should be talked about. But the thread isnt titled "How not to be this guy" it is titled "help". It is ok though i will start a new thread titled "How to be safe wheeling alone" that way we can address the topic on a thread that doesnt involve a man whos god bless his soul died under circumstances that you your self say we dont know anything about .
peace

I'll speak ill of the dead.

When I first read this post and clicked the link to the blogspot and read "last seen...wrangler with no doors" I thought to myself he is unprepared for wheeling in California in late November and his lack of foresight will put 1st responders in danger. Never gave it much thought until Mary asked if I had seen how this thread had taken off. Like the two guys up on Mt Hood that are being written off right now. Their desire for a thrill of a snow hike put 1st responders at risk.

EVERY STINKIN YEAR, some body gets lost, places their family at risk by driving where they shouldn't with a winter storm rolling in and the outcome RARELY has a happy ending. A cold hearted person would comment "Gene Pool Clearing" or "Darwin Award Nominee".

Jes is 100% correct, these actions can be completed reasonably safe when properly prepared and proper rpeparation is multi faceted to include something as simple as checking the weather. Bodie in the summer is freezing cold, it can't be much better in November.

Back