• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help needed near leadville co!!!

I have almost every part from a '94 NP231 I will mail to you for cost of shipping if you can find a way to put it together. What year is your XJ?

Case had a bit of water in it but everything important is shiny and smooth (there is a little rust on the outside of the input shaft from sitting outside, it should polish off), all parts are intact as far as I could tell, aside from the shift detent spring having some rust on it. The only parts I wouldn't use off it are the mounting studs for hooking it to the transmission, and the only part that won't be included is the front output yoke, which I needed for a D300 I'm patching together right now.

From the sound of it, you probably have an issue with the shift forks and/or their pads - something probably wore through and that's why it'll move in 4lo, but not the other gears, the shift collars probably just plain won't move far enough (in their worn down state) to push the collar all the way into place. If you can disassemble the case and figure out exactly what's wrong with it, I can send you just the parts you'll need, as long as it doesn't involve shipping the whole case I can probably swing shipping it for free.

I'd mail the whole case to you for free but I'm unemployed and not exactly rich right now.

Back