• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help design a better tire carrier hinge.

Any idea on cost? I'm ready to buy one now.

As cheap as possible. :) Since the original intention of this was for my own bumpers I'm looking to get the lowest cost on it while still retaining the highest quality. Which obviously means we buy everything in large quantities. I'd rather sell them for little markup and move a lot of them to help that, rather than try and make a killing off them and only sell a few. Make sense?

Right now I'm HOPING to keep the entire assembly around $60-70, could be less. Planned on getting the machining quote and parts back this week but haven't heard anything yet. It should be any day now though and then I can finalize the pricing.

REALLY interested in one, this is almost exactly how I did my own home brew hinge, makes me feel alot better in my design now that someone else is doing it.

How much longer? Any idea how much longer.

UPDATE! Just got the hinge tubes back Friday and they look absolutely perfect! Machined for a nice press in fit of the races, grease zerk hole tapped in place, really nice work they did.

I'll have pics up of the complete assembly with a parts list of what's included yet today. The price is probably going to be in the $85-95 range, which is a little higher than I had wanted but there was a level of quality that I wanted to maintain...that doesn't come cheap. The shoulder bolts alone are a third of that cost to give you an idea, but using those instead of a standard bolt is like the difference between an alloy axle shaft and a broom handle. HUGE difference in quality.

They'll be ready to ship within the next couple of days!

Back