• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater core recommendations

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
I have come to the conclusion that my 19 year old Jeep finally needs a heater core. The defrost vents for the window I can see just the slightest bit of steam coming through them and they fog up the side windows a bit. I also noticed a few months ago that faint smell of coolant inside the Jeep.

So I have read and read and read about doing this and I think I can handle it, I mean I swapped the engine out a couple of months ago so I should be able to handle this.

What brand have any of you used and would you guys recommend doing the evaporator as well?

When I did mine I got all the parts from rockauto. I don't recall the brand...it was mid priced. You might as well do the evaporator at the same time. It is only a small expense and no effort once the box is out.

When I did mine I got all the parts from rockauto. I don't recall the brand...it was mid priced. You might as well do the evaporator at the same time. It is only a small expense and no effort once the box is out.

x2! We are actually doing one this Saturday at my shop.

I used whatever my parts store had in stock. Pretty sure it was made by Murray.

Yes, definitely do the evaporator at the same time.

It's not a difficult job, it's just time consuming.

Agreed on all parts. All the cores and evaporators are made in China anyways, so it really doesn't matter what brand. I've always used whatever is off the shelf.

Thanks guys! Now I feel a little more comfortable tackling this and ordering the cheaper parts from RockAuto. Me and my fiancé are saving for our wedding in 4 months so every penny saved really counts!

Back