• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner

From my experience with aftermarket sunroof, if you fix that leak it will probably find some where else to leak. Check to see if there are any drain holes, if so clear them out of any debris.

Can I paint the headliner fiber board or does it need to breathe for condensation reasons?

If you do paint, it will suck up ALOT of paint.

If you use resin it will suck up ALOT of resin. It will also make the board heavier and very stiff.

The easy way is to cover it with fabric IMHO...what ever kind, color, pattern you like. Camo, black, whatever.

...and PChitti...WHAT leak??

Last edited:
If you do paint, it will suck up ALOT of paint.

If you use resin it will suck up ALOT of resin. It will also make the board heavier and very stiff.

The easy way is to cover it with fabric IMHO...what ever kind, color, pattern you like. Camo, black, whatever.

...and PChitti...WHAT leak??

I used a quart of resin to try and smooth mine a bit. I brushed it sparingly and made a good solid surface to glue fabric I bought. People are gonna recommend that expensive 3M spray and it does work but DAP WELDWOOD CONTACT CEMENT has a better bond and is heat rated the same as the 3m spray. Oh and the Dap won't bleed through like the spray if you get too much in one spot.

I sprayed 3 coats of undercarriage spray and a top coat of paint. The undercarriage spray did not hide the fibers or the rough texture of the factory headliner. I recommend true Berliner spray not the undercarriage spray. Also the paint top coat comes off and scratches easily. If I had a do over I would apply fabric.

Back