• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD Rear Leaf Springs

I'm not sure, but is the Cherokee supposed to be level, or slightly higher in the rear (a rake?)

The front fender flares are higher than the rear flares.......Are the gaps supposed to be the same, or slightly less in the rear?

Anyway, my rearend was sagging 1.75".....smallest and bottom most leafs were cracked on both sides. So I bought some 2" AAL's from Rusty's, it leveled the rear end's gap out with the front end's gap......gives the jeep a slight forward rake. The full length AAL's for $50 or so do not give a harsh ride; it actually feels quite normal!

A few more questions I'll answer. No, the bushings I didn't feel were difficult to "press" in. I used a bench vise and "LOTS" of lube. (wife reminded me to replace what I used :) ) I went and measured from the center of the wheel and bottom of the fender, reads like this...Front is 18 inches and the rear is 191/2 inches. I've not touched the front end and installed the HD rear leafs in the rear. So if the new springs settle a inch like stated on this forum, it should be just about right.

Back