• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD 231 Shift Linkage (Auto Trans) from Boostwerks!

Guess I'll throw out my opinion/review:

Installed one on my '99 XJ (231/AW4) this weekend. Easy peasy install, solid/simple design, fit like a glove and shifts like it should have from the factory. - F'ing awesome product.

Not to mention I was able to remove a metric crap ton of other pieces the factory felt were essential.

Guess I'll throw out my opinion/review:

Installed one on my '99 XJ (231/AW4) this weekend. Easy peasy install, solid/simple design, fit like a glove and shifts like it should have from the factory. - F'ing awesome product.

Not to mention I was able to remove a metric crap ton of other pieces the factory felt were essential.

Thanks for the review! :party:

the one coming to 47145 do you have a tracking number.. or an estimate delivery date?
thanks.

I'm a little late, but it looks like it was delivered.

Just ordered a kit due to the great feedback on this thread. Stock linkage is trashed and this piece looks awesome. Cant wait to bolt it up.

YHPM sir!

Just ordered a manual linkage kit. When do you think the winch mount will be out? I'm also looking at picking up your shackles and steering brace. Just need some more cash flow. Wondering how the winch mount and steering brace interact

Thanks Gordo! I'm currently waiting for some more flanges to get back from plating before I can ship however. Hoping to have them back early next week.

The winch mount will also incorporate the pitman brace, so the other brace isn't needed. The current steering brace is geared more towards people who aren't interested in a winch mount. The mounting locations will be identical between the two. I'm hoping to have more to show after the first of the year.

Thanks Gordo! I'm currently waiting for some more flanges to get back from plating before I can ship however. Hoping to have them back early next week.

The winch mount will also incorporate the pitman brace, so the other brace isn't needed. The current steering brace is geared more towards people who aren't interested in a winch mount. The mounting locations will be identical between the two. I'm hoping to have more to show after the first of the year.

Looking forward to it. I really dig the products your putting out.

Oh I like that winch mount! Do you have a price point for it yet?

I got it almost installed today. For whatever reason, the threaded rod is too short for my application. I will have to find a longer threaded rod.
Your local parts store or hardware store should have some lengths of all-thread.

Last month i swapped out a 231 for a 242 (I love the Full time 4WD in the rain/snow), I ripped out the OEM linkage menagerie & installed the Boostwerks linkage for the 242, Makes me wonder why the factory did not go with a nice solid simple design like Boostwerks uses; The only explanation I could think of is that the Chrysler Engineer who designed the T/C Linkage must have been previously employed by BMW or Mercedes!!!!

Finding fine thread all-thread has been impossible locally, a real pain. I ended up cutting 2 bolts and a tubular spacer and welded them to produce a rod with threads on both ends that is the correct length. Should get it installed tomorrow. I will say though, even though it was too short, shifting was unbelievably smooth and easy.

Back