• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

TO DO:
(in order of importance)

Change oil

DONE---Fix Xmember

DONE---Fix Hydro(Yay I can turn right now!)

DONE---Front bumper (Paint and bolt it on)

Exhaust(still dont know how Im going to do this.)

DONE--Rear brakes( Im dumb and just didnt tighten the line enough)

PROBABLY NOT---2nd Xmember/Belly skid

PROBABLY NOT---New King Pin washers

Install new Rad

Remove AC Condenser

MOSTLY DONE---Pass side 2x6 Rocker

NOPE---leaf spring bushings

HALF DONE---Plastic windows

just have to make and install a few kickers to the frame rail and the pass rocker is done.

does anyone know how to get the Fuging glue from the rear window off? im going nuts trying to scrape/cut it off with a chisel and a heat gun. I dont care about the glue so much its all the glass bits still stuck to it, are in the way of the plastic window I want to install.

TO DO:
(in order of importance)

Change oil

DONE---Fix Xmember

Exhaust(still dont know how Im going to do this.)

PROBABLY NOT---2nd Xmember/Belly skid

Install new Rad

Remove AC Condenser

MOSTLY DONE---Pass side 2x6 Rocker

HALF DONE---Plastic windows

just have to make and install a few kickers to the frame rail and the pass rocker is done.

does anyone know how to get the Fuging glue from the rear window off? im going nuts trying to scrape/cut it off with a chisel and a heat gun. I dont care about the glue so much its all the glass bits still stuck to it, are in the way of the plastic window I want to install.

paint thinner, or turpentine....

it's urethane. MEK will take it off but will probably damage the paint also - best bet is to use a utility knife to cut it down as far as possible then use a sanding disk to take it down the rest of the way - it'll never all come off, just try to get it thin and leveled out

thanks. yea I dont care about the chunks of glue left. it more about the inch wide strip of broken glass that surrounds the hole where the windo used to be.

I got it off earlier today. utility knife chisel welding gloves to grab the rope with and safety glasses to stop all the flecks of glass that were shooting off it while I pulled on it.

so...

STOP.... Muffler time!

Its stuffed with some Johns-manville I stole from my attic.

dont know how much it will muffle it. but its got to be better than an open header.

holy shit that's gonna be loud as ****

truth. I guess if you're not highway driving it you could deal with that

yea! you tell him billy!

and it actuly did more than I thought. Its still loud, but now it sounds like i have a loud exhaust installed. Its got a tone to it again.

TO DO:
(in order of importance)

Change oil

DONE---Fix Xmember

DONE---Exhaust

NOPE---2nd Xmember/Belly skid

Install new Rad

Remove AC Condenser

DONE---Pass side 2x6 Rocker

DONE---Plastic windows

You might piss some people off in Moab like that, since it's prob not a true "spark arresting muffler" or whatever. And yea, having my muffler falling off my cat happened a lot and that was unbearably loud and annoying... I can't imagine that.

uh oh spaghettios

its pretty loud. but at crawling speeds its not tooooo bad. Idk how I could build it to arrest sparks. I mean how do you even cuff them they dont have arms.

Back