• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Fergie said:
Here is to all you lushs out there!

Only the Irish and Scottish are safe.

:party: :cheers:

Yea, what you said Gavin...

Drink some green libation for me today.
:D

I ain't got a lick of irish in me. Almost all german but happy st. pats to everyone who does.

:party:

AFAIK I'm the only actual card-carrying mick on this forum... So happy St. Paddy's day to you all, too :D

And oddly enough I won't be getting hammered tonight - ended up with some stuff I'm obliged to take care of, so it'll probably be the lone Guinness in the fridge by the time I get home...

casm said:
AFAIK I'm the only actual card-carrying mick on this forum... So happy St. Paddy's day to you all, too :D

And oddly enough I won't be getting hammered tonight - ended up with some stuff I'm obliged to take care of, so it'll probably be the lone Guinness in the fridge by the time I get home...
Every Scot and Mc on here is card carrying.

My wife is only 2nd gen Irish in this country, and my family can trace our Scottish line back to a Mayflower passenger.

I ought to be knee deep in haggis, potatoes, beer and single malts.

Fergie

casm said:

Well I'll eat me hat, I suppose a Scotch-Irish bastard like meself doesn't count then do I?

Don't worry casm, I'm getting trashed enough for a few people tonight...plan's already in place. I've missed celebrating St. Paddy's for too many years running.

Fergie said:
Every Scot and Mc on here is card carrying.

No, agreed. I just meant that I think I'm the only one here with the purple passport ;)

My wife is only 2nd gen Irish in this country, and my family can trace our Scottish line back to a Mayflower passenger.

Funnily enough, I've got a Mayflower ancestor as well, but on the English side.

I ought to be knee deep in haggis, potatoes, beer and single malts.

Mmmm... Haggis.

[
lost1 said:
Well I'll eat me hat, I suppose a Scotch-Irish bastard like meself doesn't count then do I?

You'd better, because if you don't then I'm screwed as well :D

lolol...who knew one of the most persecuted immigrant nations would wind up being celebrated with a (unofficial) national drinking day?

casm I think you're probably right on the purple passport thing. We passed through Ireland so fast on a return trip from the sandbox I didn't really get to get proof that I was even there, other than a flask full of some real honest-to-God Irish whiskey.

My wife is 2nd Gen Irish, she keeps going back and forth about getting dual citizenship.

"Why'd you get haggis then?"
"I think most Scottish food is based on a dare..."

"Look at the size of that boys cranium, its a virtual planetiod....Sputnik I tell ya!"
laughing" Stop, you'll give the kid a complex."
"He'll just go to sleep on his HUGE pillow"
Name the movie.

Last edited:
xjcrawlr said:
My wife is 2nd Gen Irish, she keeps going back and forth about getting dual citizenship.

"Why'd you get haggis then?"
"I think most Scottish food is based on a dare..."
Name the movie.
So I married an Axe murderer. best Scottish accent ever. Oh and St Paddy was a Scotsman!!!!!! as am I still with a green card and all

Last edited:
I’ve got some Irish genes floating around in me somewhere, but since I’m not Catholic I guess I’ll sit this one out. To all of you that are going to indulge in the green beer tonight (probably feel green in the morning too), be safe, be careful and have a good time.

party1:

Bent said:
but since I’m not Catholic I guess I’ll sit this one out

Nor am I - nothing secular preventing one from participating in the festivities ;)

Back