• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 headlight conversion questions

the mountin tabs on mine were a bit loose as well, but I noticed the tangs on the headlight bucket itself had been bent forward a bit, I guess from slightly oversized bulbs in the past or whatever. I bent the tangs back a bit and they snugged up nicely.

I had Silverstar sealed beams until now, and the factory lamps before that, and they all stayed put, but the ecodes are fractions of an inch smaller- enough to be loose.

I had a beer and quit being whiny, and used some alum foil tape, folded and stuck against the ring, to shim them out, which seems to have worked fine. They're aimed poorly atm, but the light! ... it was definitely worth a few minutes of fitting.

I think I have the pilots, I got them 5 years ago. the ring has a hard time fitting around mine, it stretched to fit over as it was tightened down. real cheap, but kind of messed up, the lens is on upside down from the back, the lens is a clear lens, so only the writing is wrong.

just wanted to say if you go from a sealed to the h4 setup do yourself the favor and upgrade your harness, its not hard and WOW does it help.
I changed mine to some cheap ebay one's and wasn't very happy with them... they are plastic and were very dull until I did the upgraded harness today

so now I can wait a little while longer to order my Hella-E codes

SInce the thread has been brought back, I would definitely recommend the IPF H4 housings.

I have the IPF housings and used to run the Fatboy bulbs as well. They were impressive, and even more so after I upgraded the wiring harness, but the bulbs burned out pretty quickly (I always drive with my lights on) so I am thinking about going with some Autopal 100/90W whites this time around. I can live with $15 in headlight bulbs every 2 years.

just skip the harness upgrade! If you have H4 conversion bulbs, get on EBAY and order a H4 HID kit!

Look for user HIDGATE, I will never run halogen in anything again. Its under 60.00 shipped, thats the cost of a good set of bulbs and a HD harness!!!!!!!!!

And HID is lower power consumption so the stock harness will be fine

Support someone who has supported this club and get the lights through bajahid.com. He includes a well made kit with good lights, upgraded harness, and Autopal housings for a great price. Plus you can't beat his service. :D

just skip the harness upgrade! If you have H4 conversion bulbs, get on EBAY and order a H4 HID kit!

Look for user HIDGATE, I will never run halogen in anything again. Its under 60.00 shipped, thats the cost of a good set of bulbs and a HD harness!!!!!!!!!

And HID is lower power consumption so the stock harness will be fine

i totally disagree i had to upgrade my harness on my 98 after dealing with flickering and persistant outages on one side or the other i also tried adding capacitors as suggested on hidforum but makeing up my own harness solved the problem immeditaly:cheers:

Support someone who has supported this club and get the lights through bajahid.com. He includes a well made kit with good lights, upgraded harness, and Autopal housings for a great price. Plus you can't beat his service. :D

Amen. BajaHid.com is by far the best place to buy any of these components from.

I have dealt with them on a couple of occasions and could not have asked for more.

Hello, I have a 91 xj and have not yet decided on which hid or h4 kit to get. I hear that the HID bulbs are not correct for the h4 conversion lenses and cause the focal point of the light to be off (or something like that).
Its a DD that I dont want too bright... I have bounced around looking at many different ones referenced in the forum and haven't been convinced yet to click buy...

Hello, I have a 91 xj and have not yet decided on which hid or h4 kit to get. I hear that the HID bulbs are not correct for the h4 conversion lenses and cause the focal point of the light to be off (or something like that).
Its a DD that I dont want too bright... I have bounced around looking at many different ones referenced in the forum and haven't been convinced yet to click buy...

Autopal H4 e-code conversions off of Ebay and A bajaHID kit will be good. They are not too bright and the sharp(ish) cutoff will throw the light further down the road while not blinding oncoming drivers.

Here's a couple links for you:

Here is the set I bought accidentally but I am gonna try to make them work. They have the crystal clear lenses
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200m...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3121wt_958

Here are the ones I had on my old Jeep
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200m...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2898wt_958

then there's www.bajaHID.com. He has sold to several people on here and has excellent customer service. He goes by tcm glx on here.

Damn this thread is from when I got my first set of autopals!

my experience with the deltas is that theyre junk. i got theyre xenon kit and the bulbs burnt out in 6 months and i replaced them with hella xenon's. the light pattern is horrible. just throws the light everywhere. and when you adjust them to be passable with the low beams the high beams are then really high. pus the jiggled themselves loose every week or so. and theyre lense didnt seem very stury, i had a few stone chips in them within a few months. i picked up a set of hella e-codes used and never looked back

Back