• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guns

Please forgive me I am totaly new these guns. I figured the best way for me to get to know them would be to build one. The lower is a Plum crazy. May not be the best but its a good starting point. My coworker is an AR nut and is setting me up with a new never fired complete DPMS upper with a 16" barrel and some optics for 300. Dont know the full specs on them yet. I will post up when I find out more.

Please forgive me I am totaly new these guns. I figured the best way for me to get to know them would be to build one. The lower is a Plum crazy. May not be the best but its a good starting point. My coworker is an AR nut and is setting me up with a new never fired complete DPMS upper with a 16" barrel and some optics for 300. Dont know the full specs on them yet. I will post up when I find out more.

They are like the Jeep world and you can get addicted. Built (2) complete rifles in less than 4 months, and feel the urge for one more.......

Plum Crazy I have seen them and they have a really cool AR pistol listed for $499.99 that is interesting me.

A little known secret, no matter what companies AR you buy, their upper and lower receivers are built in the same factory as their competition. STAG arms was producing the uppers and lowers for Smith & Wessons AR's and the owner of STAG arms, his father is the man behind CWT (I think is the name?) Which makes uppers and lowers for a lot of the other manufactures. There is a plant in Utah and reading a review from someone they toured this factory and saw pallets of receivers all stamped with famous other manufactures waiting to be shipped. Aero Precision is another large contractor that makes uppers and lower receivers.

As long as your upper fits nice on your lower and the lower uses all the same parts as any other AR your got yourself a killer deal. :cheers:

I have 1000+ rounds through my XD9 now and still shoots like the first time. I'll be getting the new XDs when it starts to ship in March.

ARs are like barbie for men...
This is true. Out of 10 people we came across plinkin yesterday, there were 6 AR's. Still have yet to see another AK out and about tho. Plus, I can shoot the living piss out of an AK and for some reason cant hit the broad side of a barn with the AR? I dunno. Only shot two AR/M4 so far, both hard sights, and I have yet to be as accurate as I am with the AK. So Im just gonna stick to boring and accurate. Speakign of which, you should see my 16 year old bro do work with a winchester model 94 (in .44) from 40 yards. 7 rounds for 6 targets in 14 seconds. Was awesome.

Last edited:
I bought this XDm 9mm 3.8 last month as a birthday gift to myself.
497a7713.jpg

I told myself my next purchase would be an AR but I think I am going to HAVE to buy the .45 XDs when it arrives so I think I am going to pick up a S&W 15-.22 to plink around with to tide me over. I also considered a Ruger 10/22 and making it tacticool but I dunno.

for sure man just let me know whats up. ill get some more 223 reloaded for my lil dinky ar. and then some of the stuff im better at shooting lol. Gonna build some metal targets here in next two weeks i think.

Any one who has moved to CO from someplace else: Do I need to do anything in order to make my guns legal in CO? Or do I just bring them along?

I know some states require registration but Im not sure if CO does.

BTW when I get out there Im going to try and ditch a Super Red Hawk .44, stainless with stock rosewood grips, or maybe trade it for some XJ parts.. I hate shooting it lol. Beats the piss outta me hands.

Just bring em man. Some counties have a bit different view on some guns than others. Know specifically where you're gonna be?

BTW when I get out there Im going to try and ditch a Super Red Hawk .44, stainless with stock rosewood grips, or maybe trade it for some XJ parts.. I hate shooting it lol. Beats the piss outta me hands.

Try a upgraded grip! Mine is as smooth as silk to shoot.

On second thought, terrible, terrible gun. Let me know if you need some tube work or a bumper made, and maybe we can trade. :)

Just bring em man. Some counties have a bit different view on some guns than others. Know specifically where you're gonna be?

Larimer County

Unlimited Matt, maybe we can work something out!

To show off one of me new AR toys. After my dad passed away last year and I inherited his COLT Sporter and dressed it up a little I got the AR bug. Bought the STAG lower locally and the upper from STAG and dressed it up, but it wasn't enough (why I sold it.) I decided to build one from the ground up, every part, every piece.

I went with a typical 5.56mm 1:7 barrel, M4 feed ramps.

My new fav company SPIKE's Tactical I used their Lower PUNISHER receiver, Upper receiver, bolt carrier group, and 16" mid-length gas system barrel. TROY Ind. 13" free float VTAC Battlerail, low profile gas block and their Medieval flash suppressor. MAGPUL (good local Colorado company) Stock, grips, BUIS sights and PMAGS. Added on a cool multiple position flashlight mount, NOVESKE K-9 Barricade support, Eotech Holographic weapons sight and a 3x quick disconnect magnifier.

PunisherAR1.jpg

PunisherAR2.jpg

PunisherAR3.jpg

PunisherAR4.jpg

Last edited:
Back