• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gun pictures?

I don't remember the name of this thread "Pros vs Cons of Guns".
Back to the thread...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=14713&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15710&isFirearm=Y

They certainly don't cost thiat much. The gun is more dependable as the 22LR cartridge if fires ;)

Untold rounds, many many bricks have gone through mine.

Also have a Ruger P89DC I am "learning the zen of trigger control" on.
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg05-e.htm
2nd one down.

One Arm Steve said:
That is a very nice looking gun!

I can see the point of owning a hand gun if your in law enforcement or your a collector but what do the rest of people buy them for? I know someone is going to say protection. From what? Maybe if your a business owner who gets robbed a lot or a diamond broker of something like that I see the point. The reason I ask is because I have been carjacked and have had a gun shoved in my face. Even if I had a gun it wouldn't have done any good. When someone rolls up on you in a public place and you blink your eyes and now he's got a pistol stuck in your face and you can see its loaded and cocked what are you going to do? Are you going to reach. I doubt it. Because the minute you try your going to get one in the head. I'm not trying to rip on anyone or put you down I'm only giving you my experience with a hand gun. I didn't try to put up a fight or anything but the little weasel must have felt threatened by my size(Over 6ft. 225lbs) or maybe he just didn't want a witness. He shot me in the leg first (didn't even feel it, went right through) I freaked out and bent over to see if I had been shot and he put the gun to my back and shot again. That bullet missed my heart by less than a inch and put multiple holes in the rest of my organs. I still carry the bullet inside me to this day. The surgeons were to busy saving my life to go digging for it then. Moral of the is story shit can happen at any time any where and sometimes having a gun to defend yourself will do you no good. I've made a full recovery spent 21 days in the hospital and took a year to get my strength back but I'm fine now. This happened in Atlanta GA. in 96 around the time of the Olympics. The only permanent damage was to my mind. The fact that someone I never met before or wronged wold want to kill me for my belongings. Hope this story makes you think, that's why I shared it with you.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's stories like yours that further solidify my reason for carrying daily and dynamic training, not just with firearms. You're absolutely correct in that the bad guy knows what he's going to do, when he's going to do it. This is why we teach situational awareness. There's a huge difference between that and paranoia.

Sorry life dealt you a shitty hand, but that's really no reason for coming in and dump on a perfectly good thread of law-abiding citizens (who happen to be one step ahead of you). You've got to get through your head that the person who attacked you was a criminal, not one of us. Perhaps someday you'll figure that out.

Powerman said:
Just got mine last week. Got 500 through it so far. Already looking at mods.

xd45.jpg
Made it Croatia!?!? I always coulda swore they were made right down there street in springfield, ma.

One Arm Steve said:
Moral of the is story shit can happen at any time any where and sometimes having a gun to defend yourself will do you no good.
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, but you said it yourself: "sometimes having a gun to defend yourself will do you no good." I carry for the other times.

H&K 40 cal compact.

BBeach said:
Made it Croatia!?!? I always coulda swore they were made right down there street in springfield, ma.

the Xd's were always made in Croatia as HS2000. Springfield made some tweaks and owns the design. I'm not sure if they make any of the parts like the barrel and stuff. Whats even better is we can't even make plastic anymore. The gear that comes with it is made in Israel. It's a great gun. I'm happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
NYPDJeep said:
"Lady" K9? I have that exact weapon. I guess missed the marketing. Hope no one notices I have a girls gun.

It's only the Lady K9 if it's got the "Lady K9" engraved on it. The standard K9 looks the same otherwise. This one has a lighter recoil spring and lightened trigger for women, although I like it quite a bit and shoot it well.

If anyone notices I have a girls gun, they are probably getting shot by a girls gun, so I don't really care :D

Last edited:
Here's my small personal arsenal:

p1010002.JPG

Top to bottom-
Mosin-Nagant M1891/30
Tokarev SVT40
Mosin-Nagant M1938
Yugo SKS 59/66
CZ75 P-01
CZ527 Lux

Not pictured are my SMLE No4Mk2, and my Remington 870 Express.

One Arm Steve said:

Thanks, I shopped long and hard for that one.

One Arm Steve said:
I can see the point of owning a hand gun if your in law enforcement or your a collector but what do the rest of people buy them for? I know someone is going to say protection. From what? Maybe if your a business owner who gets robbed a lot or a diamond broker of something like that I see the point.....

Steve, prehaps you have heard of a few incidents where a civilian (pesant, lacky, bystander, crowd scene actor...) may have saved his own and the lives of many others by having quick access to a gun. Maybe you have your head in the sand.

Please do a search for Ruby's Diner and the Salt Lake Trolley Square Shooting. Hopefully if you choose to remain "sheep", you will at least appreciate the existence of a few sheepdogs around. If you read a few of the MANY studies, you will find that personal posession of handguns is the second largest deterrent to crime. Maybe you look like someone who would not pack heat, maybe you live where nobody is allowed to.

Last edited:
One Arm Steve said:

I can see the point of owning a hand gun if your in law enforcement or your a collector but what do the rest of people buy them for? I know someone is going to say protection. From what? Maybe if your a business owner who gets robbed a lot or a diamond broker of something like that I see the point. The reason I ask is because I have been carjacked and have had a gun shoved in my face. Even if I had a gun it wouldn't have done any good. When someone rolls up on you in a public place and you blink your eyes and now he's got a pistol stuck in your face and you can see its loaded and cocked what are you going to do? Are you going to reach. I doubt it. Because the minute you try your going to get one in the head. I'm not trying to rip on anyone or put you down I'm only giving you my experience with a hand gun. I didn't try to put up a fight or anything but the little weasel must have felt threatened by my size(Over 6ft. 225lbs) or maybe he just didn't want a witness. He shot me in the leg first (didn't even feel it, went right through) I freaked out and bent over to see if I had been shot and he put the gun to my back and shot again. That bullet missed my heart by less than a inch and put multiple holes in the rest of my organs. I still carry the bullet inside me to this day. The surgeons were to busy saving my life to go digging for it then. Moral of the is story shit can happen at any time any where and sometimes having a gun to defend yourself will do you no good. I've made a full recovery spent 21 days in the hospital and took a year to get my strength back but I'm fine now. This happened in Atlanta GA. in 96 around the time of the Olympics. The only permanent damage was to my mind. The fact that someone I never met before or wronged wold want to kill me for my belongings. Hope this story makes you think, that's why I shared it with you.

That is why the single most important factor in a "self-defensive" mindset is constant wargaming. "If someone does this, I can do that, that, or that.

The biggest problem people have is being caught flat-footed. When the fit does finally hit the shan, you end up wondering what to do, and your mind gets overridden by the shock of the incident - and you end up freezing.

The advantage to constant wargaming is simple - instead of having to come up with a plan from scratch; you are, instead, rejecting options. Typically, you'll end up with at least two in front of you when you're done, and it's far easier to reject options than it is to come up with them from nothing - faster, too.

Consider the "Three Colour Conditions" -
Condition Green - all calm, no threat or potential threat present. This is usually how people carry themselves.

Condition Yellow - You are scanning for threats and wargaming. Most people have to be somewhere known to be "dangerous" to enter this condition. Some of us are in "Condition Yellow" nearly all the time.

Condition Red - Threat located and identified, about to neutralise.

The pivotal difference between Condition Yellow and Condition Red is immediacy - think of Yellow as "I may have to kill someone to-day;" and Red as "I may have to kill him - right now."

Note that there is not "Condition Orange" or "Condition Black" - as I've heard bandied about from time to time. There is a reason this is so simple. Unfortunately, we're dealing with Homeland Insecurity on the goofy colours they're using - what is "Condition Fuscia," anyhow?

Have I had to deal with threats? Not tellin'. Have I had to do someone an injury so they wouldn't do one to me? Not tellin'.

Am I still kicking, even after people wanted to do me harm? Answer that one yourself - if you've read this far, it shouldn't be any trouble for you.

I will, however, say it is possible to deal with the average armed miscreant when you're empty-handed - it's been done before, and I'm sure it will be done again. The difference lies in mental preparation and how soon you can identify a threat - the sooner you can solidly identify a threat, the more options you have in either dealing with it, or avoiding it entirely.

Does a sidearm expand your options? Exponentially. Is it ever not an option? Certainly.

I will, however, say that if you do decide to acquire a sidearm - bear in mind that marksmanship under stress is not the only skill you need to master. Anyone who was ever shot with their own sidearm deserved it. In the words of the Guru - "A day may come when someone will kill you with your own gun. They should have to beat you to death with it because you are out of ammunition." Simply put - a sidearm alone isn't enough - it's just a tool.

mtnxj said:
That is a beatiful rifle! What caliber? What's your best/longest shot with it?

Damn interwebs broke and lost my response.

That is a Ruger #1 in .338 WM (Winchester Magnum), and I haven't had it long enough to hunt with it yet, but I've never had a rifle that was so easy to shoot offhand (standing). I can hit every shot in a pie-plate sized area from 300 yards standing with that rifle. I love it, great hunting combo, but not exactly a tack driver. Best group is only about 2 1/2" at 100 yards from the bench.

The other rifle is a 1910 Gustaf, or Swedish Mauser chambered in 6,5x55, my favorite caliber by far. My best group with THIS Swede was 1" @100yds a few years ago, and my best group with my sporterized swede (with scope) is 3/8" @100yds. I also have a 1914 Swede (in original military config) that is only good for about 2 1/2" @100yds, but that's still damn good for a milsurp.

Here is another shot of the Swede-
P1060622.jpg

5-90 said:
That is why the single most important factor in a "self-defensive" mindset is constant wargaming. "If someone does this, I can ..........

I think this is pretty close.

Carrying a gun does two main things-

1- It empowers. Period. You carry a gun for even a week and you will feel empowered. You won't suddenly feel like you need to rob the quicky-mart, but you will feel like you are equal with the the best of them. And you should be, without a gun you are little more than a peasant.

2- It makes you aware. For several reasons you become aware, you are reminded that the iron (or flimsey3rd-rate plastic if that's the way your door swings :D ) deals with life and death, and you take it serious. You also know that you are (usually) to be concealed, so you are not only aware of what you have, but you watch your own actions and the actions of those watching you, part in attempt to not alarm the pansies, part to keep from being jumped. Both ways, you are aware.

I don't read a bunch of crap about colors and warning, but you don't have to know the lingo to pay attention either.

Sorry, no pic this post.

Back