• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess your not getting Pulled out

How about a proper tow bill, Andy? Try $200. Little rich boy could handle it.

I would have left someone in a Cherokee there if I heard them Talking shat like that! Good job!

Ditto, but then again, I wanted to leave a couple of kids in a Wrangler stuck that were plowing through snowbanks behind work this winter and got stuck (no front d/s, 30x10.5/15 on stock rims, no lift etc, and a big pile of snow don't mix too well), but a couple of friends decied to help them out because they all cruise the same places. After 15 min of watching them trying to rock the truck loose, I offered to pull them the TJ out so nobody got hurt if it actually got loose while they were jumping up and down on the bumpers.

it amazes me how people can assume so much because of a name. that H2 is a Chevy Tahoe in Hummer clothes. Theres really nothing Hummer about it other than the name, the 7 slot grill, the hooks, and the boxiness. Everything else is Chevy. And those little bastards get all butt hurt and dont understand why their stuck in the "worlds greatest off road machine". bullshit. And it hacks me off even more when theyre so arrogant that they wont even accept a tug from a "lesser" cherokee. Shoulda backed up to him, slammed the gas and slung mud and rocks all over pretty boy's H2. Im sure daddy would be pissed about the scratched paint as well. ungreatful little sh!ts

olivedrabcj7 said:
that H2 is a Chevy Tahoe in Hummer clothes. Theres really nothing Hummer about it other than the name, the 7 slot grill, the hooks, and the boxiness. Everything else is Chevy. And those little bastards get all butt hurt and dont understand why their stuck in the "worlds greatest off road machine". bullshit. And it hacks me off even more when theyre so arrogant that they wont even accept a tug from a "lesser" cherokee. Shoulda backed up to him, slammed the gas and slung mud and rocks all over pretty boy's H2. Im sure daddy would be pissed about the scratched paint as well. ungreatful little sh!ts
There is a bit of work done to make it "Hummerized". Its still basically just a brand engineered Tahoe, but hey, a Tahoe on 35s will do pretty good off-road.
olivedrabcj7 said:
it amazes me how people can assume so much because of a name.
Kinda like when they buy a jeep and get stuck? ;) So the kid got stuck in his (dad's) $50,000 H2 when a modified vehicle of lesser stature woulda made it. Big deal

Now you know why I always carry a cheap disposable camera in my Heep. You never know when you might need a few pictures in case of accidents, vandalism, theft, or just what happend to you. :photo:

ditto everything that's been said.

Ditto everything that's been said. He had no respect for you or your kindness. I am sure he is still oblivious to what he did and how hard he stepped on his own crank. You can take pleasure (or not) knowing that someone who treats people like that will have a very hard life ahead of him. He will assuredly pay for his stupidity both personally and professionally over and over and over again until someone gets pissed off enough to give him a mind altering experience. :flame:

Last edited:
a Jeep buddy of mine bought my and H2 recovery crew sticker when I first bought my XJ on the condition that I can't put it on until a situation like yours arises. Afterward while the driver is stillw atching I must go out, clean off the glass a bit, peel backing and affix the sticker. Now my only problem is finding someone in an H2 who's stuck...

MoochsXJ said:
a Jeep buddy of mine bought my and H2 recovery crew sticker when I first bought my XJ on the condition that I can't put it on until a situation like yours arises. Afterward while the driver is stillw atching I must go out, clean off the glass a bit, peel backing and affix the sticker. Now my only problem is finding someone in an H2 who's stuck...

create your own destiny :D

"to top it off...you should have offered to take his GIRLFRIEND back to town and then taken her out to lunch and talked her up one side and down the other...

bring her home at about 10:30 pm and have him really wondering what she's been doing all day.

tell him money isn't everything " -Red91inWA

Just what i was thinking when I read this post. Best advice yet.

Boatwrench said:
"to top it off...you should have offered to take his GIRLFRIEND back to town and then taken her out to lunch and talked her up one side and down the other...

bring her home at about 10:30 pm and have him really wondering what she's been doing all day.

tell him money isn't everything " -Red91inWA

Just what i was thinking when I read this post. Best advice yet.

Well, he is a Rabbi.

That is awsome! I would have done the exact same thing. But hey, its not all the kids who's parents buy them stuff, my dad bought my XJ for me and now I'm working my ass off to pay him back. Slowly but surely, the XJ is becoming more and more mine!

I can imagine what that kid got from his girlfriend that night..... hasta

I agree with all that says you were right in not pulling him out. Hopefully it will teach that rich little daddies boy prick that one need to play nice, especialy asking for a favor. He needs to remember that you are under no obligation to help him out. I have been in a similar situation (SUV stuck in the snow) and the guy was a prick to me at work the day before, so he got no help from me. Now he will hopefully ask nicely when he needs a favor. To those that say he could have been stranded, I remind you he had a fully functioning cell phone. So he could call for a pricey tow and pay for it on daddys credit card. Wonder how that would have gone over?

my $.02
stewie

best story ev4r.

I wouldnt have pulled him out either. Since he had a functioning cell phone he was not in any danger of dying...

Now had he been where my friends and I go usually... I would have pulled him out just because it's not nice to let people die 80 miles from the nearest sign of civilization...

MoochsXJ said:

Come out to Arizona....more high-centered/sand-bogged H2s out here than you can shake a stick at.

10-32

Back