• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grin's WJ Build Thread

sexy_ups_girl.jpg
lucky.......
i always get the sweaty fat guy....can you request delivery personell?

I do have to got to trinidad later this week... might not be bad look for me. Although I wouldn't want to be around you drooling dogs.

I follow that thread over at pirate -- it is a nice build, but I tend to lean towards Frank's opinion... its fairly heinous, in a tough-I-don't-give-a-shit-if-I-hit-every-rock-n-the-trail way. Not my plan, but still a nice build.

The lift is a bit large for that vehicle... but I like to look.

allright, well, page 6 and... holy shit, I got to work.

After finishing two bathroom remodels (pics of those to follow shortly, the better half is applying paint...), I finally got it in the garage and started on the dark, depressing task of replacing the heater core (stage 1), which will be followed by lift, t-case rebuild and axle swap, hood refinish... (stage 1a-zz?)...

Here she is in the driveway, bone stock and ready to come into the garage for the last time in that state (I think):
PC040169.jpg

PC040168.jpg

The hood's clear coat is fubar, haven't decided whether to just buff it off, or buff it off and hit it with some satin black until I can afford to get MAACO...
PC040170.jpg

Headlights are completely clouded, so I'll give em a try with some buffing stuff/sandpaper, and replace them with some cooler units if that fails:
PC040175.jpg

What was waiting in the garage...
PC040166.jpg

PC040167.jpg

PC040172.jpg

aaaand, she's IN:
PC040173.jpg

two hours and 5 baggies of bolts/nuts, and maybe 10 more to go on the heater issues:
PC040180.jpg

I'm hopeful to get the core done tomorrow, maybe sunday morning, then get the front end up in the air on the lift springs so Frank can take some measurements for trac-bar/draglink building. With some luck and a little time off after x-mas, I may have her back on the road early in '11...

bueno. Its remarkable how I can take a couple of 3-4 day projects and spread them over several months...

My neighbor has to do the heater core on his WJ. He asked what i thought about it and I laughed at him and wished him luck. :D

'Bout time you started working on it.

Back