• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great Lakes Jeep Thing's Jeep CJ Grill 'Stolen!' PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's actually no stolen grill, just some more, "I joined this forum simply to bash person/company/forum X, and to try to rally some support for my perspective" nonsense?

If you did get ripped off (or lost the collection of free parts put together by others, to be precise), I'm sorry; but, calling someone a thief, when they are not, is extremely poor form.

Honestly, I see his point...

if you've never been screwed over by someone you trusted, either you trust no one, or you have a far better sixth sense than most.

What would you do if you had to go overseas for a year or two and left your XJ in the care of a family member, with title, and they sold it and severed ties with the family? You'd feel like your stuff got stolen too, I'd bet. How many people vouched for this guy? It sounds like a decent number of members, it's not like he wasn't very trusted.

The bottom line is your only recourse is a breach of contract claim. If there was a contract, verbal or not, to hold the grill for the club and it was violated, then small claims court might be the best bet. The problem is that proving an oral contract gets hard unless you have several witnesses.

These witnesses have to have seen/heard the original contract, not just heard about it indirectly.

In the state of Colorado, the statute of frauds limits oral contracts to $20,000 IIRC.

The bottom line is your only recourse is a breach of contract claim. If there was a contract, verbal or not, to hold the grill for the club and it was violated, then small claims court might be the best bet. The problem is that proving an oral contract gets hard unless you have several witnesses.

These witnesses have to have seen/heard the original contract, not just heard about it indirectly.

In the state of Colorado, the statute of frauds limits oral contracts to $20,000 IIRC.
X2. If he posted this about understanding that it was actually the club's property on the club forum as you said... well, I hope you have good solid backups and can prove the database hasn't been tampered with. Keep that as evidence and see what you can do.

Okay, gang... this thread is done.

If you know where the grill is, let DUG know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back