• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gran Turismo 5

I'm not a big GT fan, I loved the very first one but after that I didn't get to into them. I preferred forza back when I had the xbox. However, I did have to preorder GT5 2 days before it released. Amazon had some good deal with Free release day shipping.

I'm dreading having to go through all the slow class of cars and license system but at the same time looking forward to driving the huge catalog of cars. I've herd it has some issues though, like really bad load times despite a massive install.

My life is going to consist of sleeping, breathing, eating, and GT5 over the holiday.

Have not been keeping up... Suprised they finally released it.. It was first scheduled to release back in like.... 1993

General consensus on my FB seems to be that it's boring.

I've played it for about 10 hours now, got bored after about an hour. GT5 is pretty much the same as all the previous GT's, just updated it feels like.

Same weak AI
Cant change the wheels on 80% of the cars.
Same weak useless cars (Mazda Demio, Dodge Ram 1500 *i mean, seriously?)
Only the premium cars look good, the rest of the 800 cars have bad graphics.
All you need is a race exhaust and you can beat all the other AI opponents with minimal effort.

Freakin lame. 5 years of waiting for a game that let me down after just 1 hour.

The only game I will get mildly excited about is Duke Nukem, if they ever release it.

I'll be honest, I'd prefer this over any video game:D
attachmentdb.jpg

It's a mediocre simulation game. But in terms of fun gt5 cannot touch forza3. I waited 5 years for a game that feels like a rebadged and repackaged gt3 or gt4.

Anybody seriously waited five years for a sequel to a video game?

Damn, and I thought I was lame,....

I like all the cheerleading around this and forza. If you like or own a particular platform great, it doesn't mean the opposing game is total garbage though.

I've been playing GT5 all morning and having a great time. It is a simulation game not an all out action arcade racing game like Burnout or something. I had a blast racing the VW bus with a max speed of like 55mph around an airport circuit. I can see how people would see that as boring though since there's no NOS button or rockets...

IDK about you guys but I love the game. Its a great simulator and when you got a steering wheel setup its pretty sweet. I played it a lot yesterday before heading to the mall for black friday. To me if I want to play an arcade style racing game id play NFS Hot Pursuit or something along those lines. As far as I know the majority of people saying they dont like GT5 are mainly xbox fanboys. Ive had both consoles and to me forza seemed borderline arcade to me. One thing that bugs me though is only a handful of the cars have a full interior view and many of the normal cars, the graphics look pretty halfassed compared to the premium cars, but then again there are over 1000 cars. Thats just my take on the a whole game.

I had a blast racing the VW bus,... ...,people would see that as boring though since there's no NOS button or rockets...
Wow, talk about unrealistic! Who's EVER heard of a VW bus that didn't have at least a 150HP shot of laughing gas. :roll:

The only game I will get mildly excited about is Duke Nukem, if they ever release it.
Its release date is feb 2011! Some places have a pre-order option going on now.

Back