• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got my new d44 of a wagy

supercaution2000

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i just got my d44 of a wagy from a pick n pull, well started atleast i need to go back and get the front one out
but i have a few questions and would love some answers
1. where can a find cheap steel wheels for the 6 lug bolt patern and little backspacing to compensate for the shorter axle length
2. would taking a disk brake off a rear axle from another car in a junk yard and weld it to mine be a practical or possible option
3. where a good place to get a good deel on new gears for my axles bc right now they have 2.something im not sure on the exact number but its not a good one
any help would be apreaciated or just tips or advice i should know before i do this axle swap

huh?
welding a disc to what? the wheel? either way, dont do whatever it is you are thinking about.
Gears, youll need a new carrier for the 37* and up. it probably has something like 272s in it.
Install kit, labor, you can find gears alot of places online, for setup it should be local, maybe Elias 4wd assuming you are from Natick Ma.
Wheels are online, just about everywhere.
Might wanna think about brackets.
Ahh yah

supercaution2000 said:
ok so i just got my d44 of a wagy from a pick n pull, well started atleast i need to go back and get the front one out
but i have a few questions and would love some answers
1. where can a find cheap steel wheels for the 6 lug bolt patern and little backspacing to compensate for the shorter axle length
2. would taking a disk brake off a rear axle from another car in a junk yard and weld it to mine be a practical or possible option
3. where a good place to get a good deel on new gears for my axles bc right now they have 2.something im not sure on the exact number but its not a good one
any help would be apreaciated or just tips or advice i should know before i do this axle swap
Is there acually a twinky factory in natick??

Don't know if this would help you, but I took my drums and axles and had them re-drilled to the 5x4.5 to match my front. They only charged me $150. Filled in the old holes and everything. I just took them another set to make me some spares.

Jeremy

supercaution2000 said:

i found some steel wheels that fit the 6 lug patern just perfect for about 30 a piece at summit racing so illl just get thos but thanks for the help

Back