• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my new 3.5" lift today, have a few questions...

Semper Fi said:
My cherokee has what you are asking. an RE 3.5 inch SF lift with 1 inch spacers in the front, 1.25 inch shackles in the back and an SYE, this combination gave 5.5 inches of lift. here's a pic, you tell me if the axles aren't centered, or if you don't like the look. mine is the "little one" with 5.5 inches of lift. The "big one" has 10 inches of lift

102_4002.jpg
\\

I could have sworn it was the one on the left! haha.

Yeah. it looks great, and very level. I like how the rear sits up a little higher then the front. Looks good, and i figure it makes up for heavy loads in the back.

So did you put the SYE on during installation of the 5.5" or did you drive it and realize you needed one? was it just to be safe, or did you have some vibrations?

Nice jeep by the way

I installed the 3.5 with the SYE at the same time. I am also running 6* shims. I may not need them but, I have not a single vib anywhere. WHen I drove from Arkansas to PA, I had the back loaded from the back of the front seats to the back, all the way to the roof. I was also pulling a trailer with a quad and a lot of other weight on it, and the back of the Jeep never squatted at all. The 3.5 lift gave me 4.5 inches of lift and then with the coil spacer it netted 5.5 inches of lift. I'm running 265/70/16's which are very close to 32's, if that helps at all.

Putting it all together tomorrow morning =) i went ahead and got 3/4" daystar spacers just in case. My plan for attack is going to be installing the leaves in the rear first and bolting them into the 2" mount on the shackle rather than the 1" and seeing how much lift I get... then maybe taking it up to 50 and seeing if I have any vibes... any vibes and its going down to the 1" setting on the shackles.

THEN, Depending on vibrations/no vibrations and amount of actual lift, I will then decide on a few things for the front like wether or not to use the 3/4" spacer or not, or to use the spacer with the factory isolators or not, or just not use the spacer all together and netting only 3.5" of lift. Either way, 3.5" is what im expecting... any higher will only be a bonus.

Wish me luck guys. Ill post pictures as soon as its all buttoned up.

good luck! you will get more than 3.5 with the RE lift. One thing I forgot to mention, I used the Boomerang shackles in the back for a better ride and flex. I also used bilstien shocks and that made all the difference in the ride.

I have the RE SF 3.5 W/1.75 spacer no isolator RE spring , 5100 Bilsteins and my ride is stiff as hell any ideas why . Shackles are not tight and move easily .

GaryNSJersey said:
I have the RE SF 3.5 W/1.75 spacer no isolator RE spring , 5100 Bilsteins and my ride is stiff as hell any ideas why . Shackles are not tight and move easily .

springs arnt broken in yet? do you have any extra weight(bumpers) front or back? some people load up the back with a couple hundred pounds to break in the rear springs. RE springs have a higher spring rate for the added weight of bumpers, winch....

short arms? could be steep control arm angle up front and bad shackle angle in the rear.

the Springs have been around for a while on another xj I just put them on mine a month or so ago . It only has my fishing gear in it . I noticed before I had the sway bar connected it was softer . I dug up an old sway bar mount from one of my past vehicles . It has much larger rubber in it and the hole matches up good with my sway bar . I installed that today and that helped soften the front some seeing how the OE mount don't have much rubber so the sway bar get tension as soon as one tire moves slightly . with the larger rubber the rubber gives some before the actual bar comes into play . I was thinking of maybe making up some sort of mount for the end link that incorperates more rubber for the same reason . maybe cut off the eye on the lower end of the end link and welding on something larger so the sway bar is still their if something gets outta hand on the highway but not effecting the sway bar so much on little road deviations . Its just something I have been hashing over . I think I may be better off selling my rear RE spring pack and getting something that actually gave me 3.5" of lift then I could add a relocation bracket in the rear for the shackle and end up back at the height I am now being that seems to help the rear from what I hear .

Back