• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Morning !!

Indiana adopted DST!

Crap. The only interesting fact I knew about Indiana. Now what?

Is there anything else interesting I should know about Indiana?

Lou said:
Indiana adopted DST!

having been there twice now - there is nothing interesting in Indiana...

Lou said:
Indiana adopted DST!

I believe that they've always had it, it's just half the state that doesn't observe it. Must suck when the next town over is an hour time different.

XJ_ranger said:
I think most of us here prefer the "interesting" crap stay on the East and West Coast.

Yep, it's a shame there was so much influence that made Indiana want to be stupid like most of the other states, and screw with the time. Our Gov'nor made some money on that deal ... freakin' politics ... asshats. JMO ...

Les

XJ_ranger said:

Yeah - I grew up there. Spend 17 years in the state, there really is nothing to do there, and nothing really interesting.

However, I did like the fact that we didn't bother with DST while I was there - something that is actually attracting me to Arizona.

How about this - put the whole world on Zulu time, and just offset operating hours for everyone in other "zones." That way, it's the same time everywhere, and you'll eliminate this whole "time zone" confusion when dealing with other places.

And, eliminate "daylight savings" time altogether. What's the damn point? It doesn't make the daylight any longer - it just confuses people when you make them change their clocks twice a year, and messes up their circadian rhythms...

5-90

87manche said:
I believe that they've always had it, it's just half the state that doesn't observe it. Must suck when the next town over is an hour time different.
Only counties adjacent to Chicago and those down near Evansville were the only ones that observed DST. They had very close economic ties with neighboring cities that made it practical for them.

The gov'nor can blow smoke up most people's asses and convince them it saves the state a lot of money, but anyone can do that on paper. It boils down to an extra round of golf ...

Les

5-90 said:
Yeah - I grew up there. Spend 17 years in the state, there really is nothing to do there, and nothing really interesting.

However, I did like the fact that we didn't bother with DST while I was there - something that is actually attracting me to Arizona.

How about this - put the whole world on Zulu time, and just offset operating hours for everyone in other "zones." That way, it's the same time everywhere, and you'll eliminate this whole "time zone" confusion when dealing with other places.

And, eliminate "daylight savings" time altogether. What's the damn point? It doesn't make the daylight any longer - it just confuses people when you make them change their clocks twice a year, and messes up their circadian rhythms...

5-90
I was thinking the same thing......

5-90 said:
Which bit - the part about "nothing interesting in IN" or the part about correcting the whole "time" debacle?

5-90
It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Actually, I agree with how to fix time....

LBEXJ said:
Only counties adjacent to Chicago and those down near Evansville were the only ones that observed DST.

And the counties accross from Louisville.

DST is the best thing that has happened to Indiana in a long time. It's the old fogies that don't like it. :)

There is plenty to do in Indiana. The difference between here and other places is, you can actually afford to do it here.

Dirk Pitt said:
DST is the best thing that has happened to Indiana in a long time. It's the old fogies that don't like it. :)

There is plenty to do in Indiana. The difference between here and other places is, you can actually afford to do it here.

true on both parts. like Les said, i'll be able to play a full round of golf after work.

i'm partial to my state, especially southern Indiana...i think one can do pretty much anything here that you could do in any other state, aside from something involving the coast or your typical vacation destinations.

5-90 said:
What's the damn point? It

5-90

it makes you think you've got a 'free' hour to stay at the bar till 3am when you change them back in the fall.

whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!! last call just got called off for another hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

indyjeepnut said:
Ranger. Why must you dis Indiana? The only thig good about lincoln is the CWS. Which I attend yearly...
He's just compensating for his yellow axles.

87manche said:
He's just compensating for his yellow axles.

No, his oversized yellow axles are compensating for something else.

Lawn Cher' said:
No, his oversized yellow axles are compensating for something else.
I'm gonna paint my axles white. I think black axles are racist.

87manche said:
I'm gonna paint my axles white. I think black axles are racist.

Mine shall be colorless, completely transparent.

Back