• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gift for a Marine

I've watched the tankers (across the street from my warehouse) adjust their tracks or change cleats out. They usually have 2-3 guys on the end of a really long, heavy bar that they crank as hard as they can.
Thats the torque wrench for the drive sprockets, 500fl/lbs, 12 bolts per sprocket IIRC, one on each side, rear on tanks, front on apcs and bradleys, real PIA if they come off and I have had them not put on correctly by the depot. 3 hours later I was ready to kill someone. That forever killed any pleasure I EVER had of working in freezing rain in a$e#@#$ SWAMP putting track back on....TWICE because we did not have a wrench long enough to torque the dam bolts.
Not to mention the 292 antenna sections we bent trying to get better leverage to 'field tighten' the bolts just to get it out of the %$#$#$% SWAMP....

I think that was the first time I ever saw sympathy from the sgt major, it was weird.

There is no item in the US war machine inventory termed "NSN 7758568-77a2 Mark 4, BAR, CHEATER, STEEL CONSTRUCTION, HOLLOW"?

:D

This thread just keeps delivering.

There is no item in the US war machine inventory termed "NSN 7758568-77a2 Mark 4, BAR, CHEATER, STEEL CONSTRUCTION, HOLLOW"?

I think there is a Band, Retaining, Rubber though.

Not that I know of and like I said sympathy from the sgt major was weird but he was back in line as soon as he found out about the 14 or so mast sections of the 292 we bent and proceeded to chew us a newone, made me feel better, sympathy from a sgt major is just not right.... :D :D :D

Piece of advice, if and when you visit the Czech Republic, leave the attitude home, they aren't too fond of *arrogant* Americans. They tend to grow them big there.
Good wheeling though.

You know nothing of whom I am visiting and why. ;) All I know is that when I tell you when I'll be near, you'll pike and make some excuse why you can't show up.

Back