• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting my feet wet....

I'm game to head out for some light wheeling almost any weekend. I'm not in to body damage, so I typically pick trails carefully. I'm still running open diffs, which is a limiting factor as well.

Barlow when dry is just a gravel road with no need for 4wd. However it can be fun when there is some snow. With the current snow levels it will not be open for some time. Its snowing up here today in fact.
But for a fun run hit it with about 1 foot of snow and head out to Wamic for food on the other end. Also the last few miles into Wamic can get pretty slick and muddy, but you can avoid this section if you want to by jumping onto the paved road.

The road itself is really scenic and a great ride, if you want to get out.

Officially April 15th is when the forest roads revert back to roads and not snowmobile trails. We used to start hitting these roads that the snowmobiles had packed down, you could run on top of the packed snow, but if you got off the packed area you would find yourself digging out/down to the gravel so you could get some room to get back up onto the packed snow tracks. I honestly think we will have significan snow pack well into late june, unless we get some crazy warm rains.

Okay, I will see what my schedule looks like for August....

I was thinking about not running it and picking out Tahuya or somewhere else, but if there is someone else leading, I'll go on tour....

Is that a CB antenna I se as your flag pole??

No... it's an ATV whip and flag... mounted with a CB antenna mount...

From Oregon Parks and Recreation said:
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/Permits.shtml

Permits From Other States
An ATV/OHV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issusing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit. The ATV must have a resident state ATV/OHV operating permit or a State of Oregon ATV operating permit to operate the ATV on designated ATV areas. A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state that does not have a permitting program.

Oregon will honor off road permits from the following states:

Alaska
California
Colorado
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Missouri
Montana
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Utah
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin

That is really odd considering the permits for ATV/OHV's are different amongs the states. And in my case, the OR sticker is on the wrong vehicle for WA.

I will have to look into the WA rules on this also.
I appreciate the info.
Michael

Back