• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting Angry

that is what my normal mechanic said that oil pumps are reliable.....and also said that the stuff, crud, or what not just broke free and in turn entered the bearings and Hence scared one of em...i feel the oil pump if taken out and sent of to be inspected will come back in perfect working order seeing has how simple it is. My concern is his negilence in the repair by letting the motor sit open for 4 days before actually putting the jeep back together.

His offer is to pull the "new" pump off and replace it at no cost to me and while he is there he will check the rods and bearings and fix it at no cost to me BUT if the oil pump comes back as OK then i have to reimburse him for the work that was as i feel was caused by his negilengce in the first place.

well talked to a lawyer today and it appears that if it goes to court it will be my word agianst his word. It will cost me more to sue and repair the jeep than it would be to bite the bullet and buy a new car.....USED XJ FOR SALE $1300 Needs motor work

Back