• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge size

JeepinCoastie

NAXJA Forum User
Looking into buying new gauges for my 95 XJ but im un-sure of the size and cant really messure being there are in my dash ...

anyone know the stock sizes?

mine looks like the one he's swaping in ... but my Temp gauge is useless cuz i got i 99 engine so i got to tap the block anyway and i have to re wire my oil pressure gauge cuz it burned up some how....

so i figured i would update everything with Autometer stuff but i dont know what size to get ...

Yeah, I'd like to do a full custom swap with autometer's or something similar...anybody seen anything like that for an XJ? My buddy got one for his 70 camaro, but never seen any available for an XJ.

they dont have a kit so im just going to buy wach seperate gauge .... back to the gauge size lol

There's really no way of doing it and using the existing cluster. I've tried. The problem is that the stock gauges are not round, they're flat on the bottom. making the gauges less than 2 1/16 overall height, somewheres under 2" IIRC A 2 1/16" gauge is larger than that at the bezel as they're designed to fit into a hole measuring 2 1/16". The only way it might be possible would be to take a 2 1/16" gauge and completely hack it up and remove it from the case, but that's alot of work and if you kill the gauge, no warranty.

Plus be aware that most aftermarket temp gauges us a 1/4" NPT fitting for the sensor, and the 4.0 head was designed for only a 1/8" NPT fitting. I haven't tried but i doubt there is sufficient clearance for a 1/4" fitting.

Barnett performance does make a 4 gauge panel that is a direct bolt in and works with 2 5/8" gauges. However you can get only 4 gauges in there, and 2 5/8" speedo's are not easy to come by.

Dingo

Back