• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fullsizexj LED boxes

This is a pic of my old XJ, Now Mud Bug JR's. I hope this pic works, because it not only shows the lights that you speak of, but a bumper that a friend of mine made for him. It's KILLLER!!

screen-small

Last edited:
MAN that is a sick bumper! :eek:

Fullsizexj said:
...The 97 plus models have been changed to a seperate turn signal to eliminate the need for a trailer harness and the next run on the older body style models may as well

Say it isn't so?! I really like the 2 circle lights vs the longer rounded rectangle light. Do you plan on keeping the current "2 circle" light for the 96's? Also, I thought your website showed one with an LED brake light; did I miss it somewhere? Thanks, and great product!

At this time I plan to change the older model ones to a simular light configuration to eliminate the need for a trailer harness, I still have a few of the round light configuration boxes left so if you had your heart set on that style, then you had better hurry. As for LED's, those will be by speacial order from now on as the response for them was really poor and I am not going to tie up money in bulbs that are gonna just sit on the shelf this time

Woo Hoo i'm glad I got the good ones. Not saying that the new ones aren't gonna be good Richard but I defenatly like the Round lights better, but the best part of any of you lights is hiding the ugly grommets. Good job.

Dingo

burby777 said:
Looks like I better get the credit card warmed up!

yeah you better! and soon

By the way last night i was unofficial voted as having to coolest tailights in town. ya gotta love drunk friends.

Dingo

I definitely liked the older style with the 2 round lights better. I was planning on buying a pair for my 97 when they came out --- that was based on the old design that I thought would carry over. Not to be a jack about it, but I'm probably not going to buy those. Opinions are like butt holes ... etc etc.

Can you make the old style fit the 97+ XJs somehow?

Unfortunatly the newer body style tailights are alot narrower as far as the face goes and I cannot get a smaller round light that would run as a run/stop light that would be legal. That is what has forced me to go with the oval lights instead, I will be changing the older style models also so that I can eliminate the need for a trailer harness. You would not believe the headache it has been trying to teach basic wiring to customers over the phone that have no idea whatsoever what they are doing. I have not decided on a round of oval for the main light yet, that I have to play with layout still to come up with the best fit and still have enough meat left in the interior mounting plate so that it will hold them in firmly. I personally like the 2 big round lights also but it boils down to what sells more at this point

Fullsizexj said:
Unfortunatly the newer body style tailights are alot narrower as far as the face goes and I cannot get a smaller round light that would run as a run/stop light that would be legal. That is what has forced me to go with the oval lights instead, I will be changing the older style models also so that I can eliminate the need for a trailer harness. You would not believe the headache it has been trying to teach basic wiring to customers over the phone that have no idea whatsoever what they are doing. I have not decided on a round of oval for the main light yet, that I have to play with layout still to come up with the best fit and still have enough meat left in the interior mounting plate so that it will hold them in firmly. I personally like the 2 big round lights also but it boils down to what sells more at this point

Ever think about offering them uncoated, un cut? Just sell them, and let people decide on thier own light configuration?

Wouldn't cost you anymore to make, I would think, and to keep it on the shelf requires no additional outlay.

I had considered it but I outsource the actual fabrication and I have to order in quanities, the cost of so many options is way more than I am willing to warehouse

ah, gotcha.

just a thought.

That way you didn't have to offer options.

it'd be I have this kit, with these lights, or this kit, where you add your own lights, and cut holes.

4 kits total, unless you were planning MJ lights.

Fullsizexj said:
At this time I plan to change the older model ones to a simular light configuration to eliminate the need for a trailer harness, I still have a few of the round light configuration boxes left so if you had your heart set on that style, then you had better hurry. As for LED's, those will be by speacial order from now on as the response for them was really poor and I am not going to tie up money in bulbs that are gonna just sit on the shelf this time

What's the best way to order? Phone, email? I'm in AZ so I'm 3hrs behind you. I will likely call tomorrow (Friday) morning. I gotta have these!

I am headed out to Pennsylvania tomorrow to pick up a couple front steering Rockwells and won't be back until late Saturday night, you can call tonight if ya want, otherwise you probably won't be able to get hold of me till Sunday but since you have definately said you want a set I will hold a set for ya

Fullsizexj said:
I am headed out to Pennsylvania tomorrow to pick up a couple front steering Rockwells and won't be back until late Saturday night, you can call tonight if ya want, otherwise you probably won't be able to get hold of me till Sunday but since you have definately said you want a set I will hold a set for ya

So i gotta ask. are the Rockwells for the XJ?

Dingo

Yeah i saw that right after i asked, this is going to get interesting.

Dingo

I think that varies from state to state, In Washington your not supposed to alter the output, functionality, or apperance of your original lights. But there a literally thousands of people running the Altezza style lights that have had no problems.

Dingo

Back